SBS World News

Just saw the opener with new font. Seems to me SBS is taking inspiration from Deutsche Welle.

1 Like

Caps

5 Likes

Yuck. Definitely a backwards step.

4 Likes

All that anticipation for a font change :roll_eyes: :expressionless: :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

Lol.

A new set, or a new host, we can all get excited about. A new font though… all that hype for nothing. lol

2 Likes

And a bad font change.

1 Like

It was so clean and perfect before. Why the change? It adds nothing to their brand. Makes it cheaper looking IMO.

5 Likes

Full set of caps:

4 Likes

The font is so hideous

The supers are definitely new as well. The font kills it. It’s just as bad as Seven’s

3 Likes

What’s the bet it stays like this for 2 weeks before quietly changing back.

I think they’ve relaunched their graphics and supers to align it with their new WorldWatch bulletins they’ll be launching soon when the new WorldWatch Channel is on air.

This is a Promo for the Arabic one.

2 Likes

Video montage

3 Likes

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

1 Like

Isn’t it the updated corporate font?

The old package used the serif font that was previously all over the network, which I think may be been updated to what they currently use, only 6 or 12 months after the red news package launched. That was clearly bad timing and planning.

SBS also don’t seem to know if they want to use the newish ‘layers’ network gfx package or the news gfx on things like end boards, etc.

Having not seen it on air, it doesn’t look great. But my main issue with SBS is the total lack of evolution for the bulletin. It should be like Channel 4 News in the UK. Dynamic and fast paced hour of word news and serious domestic issues. Lovely sweeping camera angles (maybe even ditch the desk!) and sharp analysis which can be rebundled for online.

2 Likes

I actually like the upgrade, the previous font they used has had it’s time in the marketing space with it being overused and starting to look a bit tired IMO.

And hype? Lol. One journalist from the network said things might look a little different, ya’ll interpreted that as you wanted.

5 Likes

The new headline lower looks like a mock I made ages ago not something on national TV

2 Likes

6:30pm

02_08_2022_15_06_41
Late News

2 Likes

Watching Late News tonight, and Ricardo is a slow newsreader. Stuttering over his words

Last night’s Late News with Ricardo Goncalves.

Sunday 13 February -
Ricardo Goncalves is presenting World News tonight.

2 Likes