SBS World News

Pretty sure the farewell speech she delivered before Anton’s message & the montage was designed to be her goodbye

1 Like
5 Likes

I thought Anton Enus was the weekday presenter?

I’m pretty sure that Anton Enus co-presented the 6.30pm bulletin with Janice Petersen on weeknights before he went on leave, but it seems that SBS have now reverted to a single newsreader (Janice Sunday-Thursday, Anton Friday/Saturday) for their 6.30pm bulletin throughout the week.

1 Like

I was kind of hoping for LLC to have outfit changes during the ad breaks, nothing said, just back from the break and a complete clothing change.
Twitter would have gone nuts.

10 Likes

Yes, though back in the Mary Kostakidis days she was the weeknight fill-in.

Also don’t forget that as part of the Mary K/Stan Grant revamp, LLC was bumped to every fortnight, with Amrita Cheema doing the other fortnight. That only lasted about nine months because Anton moved to 6.30 (from late news) and Amrita moved to late news.

5 Likes

Darren Davidson in The Australian is asking whether Chin was possibly “managed out” of SBS. A source claims that the new contract offered to Chin was a ‘poo sandwich’, and Davidson points out that she lost her Eurovision spot and that her departure interview with Ten coincided with the SBS mid-year launch, perhaps deliberately.

Final moments from control room.

Earlier

3 Likes

Was it a customised Darth Vader suit?

Well that was sad to watch her final bulletin. I remember her when I was in primary school presenting the news and have always just loved her quirkiness. Any ideas what’s next for Lee Lin?

1 Like

Well if her announcement of leaving SBS was anything to go by… perhaps she is heading to channel 10?

3 Likes

A revamp of Beauty and the Beast with Lee Lin on the panel…some potential there with the right beast. Lee Lin would be the Jeannie Little of the new panel.

4 Likes

The next bachelorette?

2 Likes

Herald Sun claims today that although there was no bad blood between Chin and SBS management, it was Chin wanting to do things outside SBS and her bosses were not that keen. It also said that managing director Michael Ebeid’s departure might have played a role in Chin’s decision to leave the broadcaster.

2 Likes

Take what he says with a grain of salt :wink:

That would be amazing haha.

But she needs a script, all that funny stuff is all written for her.

SBS news reader Lee Lin Chin signs off in style

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4877261.htm

2 Likes

Lee Lin Chin not happy about being filmed!

8 Likes

Barely recognisable in regular clothes.

3 Likes