SBS World News

Looks like SBS World News is live across the country. It’s 6pm in SA and the bulletin is on.

3 Likes

I think SA was the only one who took it live as a special.

In QLD, NT, and WA, at 7pm AEDT, they cut into the World News bulletin to cover the speech, and then at the end Janice said goodbye to these markets. I wonder when the bulletin did go to air their time, whether the address was cut out of the delay.

1 Like

2 Likes

Friday 13 March & Saturday 14 March-

Anton Enus is back presenting this week.

2 Likes

Sunday 22 March & Monday 23 March-

Ricardo Goncalves is presenting filling in for Janice.

1 Like

From ABC

SBS Sydney offices forced to close after confirmed case

SBS has closed its Sydney newsroom temporarily after a staff member tested positive for coronavirus .

The broadcaster said the employee last worked on March 20 and that people who had come into close contact with them had been notified.

In a statement, SBS said: “While the newsroom has been thoroughly cleaned a number of times since Friday, we have closed the area immediately for additional sanitisation, and all staff working in that area have gone home.”

The infected employee is at home and “in good spirits”.

SBS says it will run an “agile” version of its World News bulletin tonight.

3 Likes

Does SBS have any other facilities where they could do the news from?

The 3pm radio news bulletin on 3AW today mentioned that the World News bulletin will come from Canberra tonight.

4 Likes

Brett Mason will anchor

5 Likes

Screenshot_20200324-174538~2

Also worth noting we haven’t had any news updates this afternoon obviously because of the situation today.

4 Likes

Surprised they didn’t use their offices in Fed Square.

1 Like

Are they set up for this though?

Parliament house would be easier as everything is set up already.

1 Like

Tuesday 24 March

Screenshot_20200324-182903~2

3 Likes

I don’t believe SBS has the capacity to broadcast from Melbourne. You would think the state broadcaster would have a small studio available there as a back up.

2 Likes

Followed by ABC World News Tonight

6 Likes

I’m sure Seven would’ve loved how Ricardo Goncalves presented his Finance Report just outside their door (you can see a bit of their studios which wasn’t quite cropped out in the cap)! :wink:

Aside from that observation, it seems like SBS did pretty well with the presentation of tonight’s abbreviated bulletin considering the circumstances.

1 Like

I would be surprised if other networks helped assist them in getting to air tonight.

1 Like

SBS indicating they did it themselves. The equipment was bought out on their own trolleys.

3 Likes

He’s in Martin Place where the Reserve Bank is based.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200324-213610~2

3 Likes