SBS Viceland - Programs and Schedules

Response from SBS regarding VAST:

5 Likes

Viceland still on 31 and 32 in Canberra

Wonder if that’s when they’ll flick the switch to MPEG-4 HD on DVB-T

1 Like

They would be better off doing it as soon as possible to give people more time to upgrade for day one, if need be.

Is there a rush to do it by day one?

Apparently, regional areas are getting the loop on LCN-32 today.

Really? We’re soon to have seven, potentially eight (if 9GemHD launches in Nine O&O markets outside of Darwin) MPEG4 HD channels in most major markets and with MPEG2 HD no longer a thing in many places, by now we should be getting used to the idea that HD set top boxes/televisions from 2007 mightn’t be able to receive the newer generation of HD channels.

Worst case scenario, couldn’t SBS just add some handy consumer advice in the placeholder loop? Perhaps something among these lines:

You get the general idea.

1 Like

Hitting the side of the set or adjusting the coat hanger won’t help?

1 Like

If you havent upgraded by now, world movies is unlikely to be the tipping point

1 Like

That is from an SBS perspective. You want your reach to be as large as possible.

Worth noting the following confusing announcement from Foxtel that SBS Viceland is now available on Foxtel cable and satellite feed in SD on Ch. 142 and HD on ch 229. The confusing part is that Viceland SD has ceased transmission terrestrially.

And those with IQ3/4 and an antenna can now tune Viceland HD on 219.

https://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Foxtel-iQ4-and-4K/SBS-Changes-from-July-1st-We-ll-Need-Viceland-HD/m-p/275869/highlight/true#M6211

Relevant quote

On 18 June, the SBS Viceland channel will be removed from the terrestrial channel line up. SBS Viceland SD will now be available as a national satellite feed on Ch. 142. Customers with a MyStar, MyStar 2, iQ2, iQ3 (satellite) or iQ4 that want access to SBS Viceland HD (Ch. 229), you will need to perform a Free To Air rescan.

SBS Viceland HD will be made available to cable customers on Ch. 229, Viceland SD will be delivered via cable but will now be a national feed.

SBS SD (Ch.142) will be classified under ‘Entertainment’ on the EPG and SBS HD (Ch.229) will be under ‘4K UDH & HD Channels’.

According to the statement Viceland will now be a national feed on Foxtel - what are the implications for program classification if any?

The community has also been told

We haven’t been given any information around SBS World Movies at this time. If/When we do, we will share this on the community.

Channel Seven has advised that the 7Food channel would remain exclusive to free to air broadcast and 7Plus.

3 Likes

Appears SBS have picked up The Last Man on Earth (previously aired here on One, stopped roughly halfway through season 3).
Airing on Viceland, starting at the start, Friday next week at 9pm in double episodes.

1 Like

Another Fox show going to SBS , Seems either SBS or 7 getting Fox stuff now ? Does Ten still have any Fox shows ?

For some reason, on channel 351, a channel called SBS VICELAND showed up. When I switched to it, my tv prompted me to delete it, claiming it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Can you receive signal for channels from two different receivers? Before I had my TV fixed I could and the ‘weaker’ signal would show up from channel 350. If the weather changed, would quite often not be strong enough to receive it and would want me to delete it.

Not sure. I live in Mornington, Victoria, and I get my TV from the Mt Dandenong transmitter, but it appears there’s also one in Safety Beach, may be coming from there.

The “remastered” X-Files repeats seem to be attracting my parents. I can see why 10 Bold didn’t want them…

1 Like

10 Bold when it was known as ONE already broadcast them.

5 Likes

I enjoyed the mini-series re-boot a couple of years ago

1 Like

The description on SBS On Demand about The X-Files includes info about season length. Currency it lists both Seasons 1 and 2, but was the mention of Season 2 there before?

Aren’t the episodes being added after they air? They may be amending the description A they get further into the series

1 Like