Saving Ten

It doesn’t excite me, but they could run DWTS on Friday or Saturday nights to attract an older skewing audience who typically watches TV on those nights where they struggle to capture audiences up against live sports etc.

1 Like

It was also that those youngins were all watching The Voice that year. On a typical Sunday night in 2015 The Voice would have more than 1.4 million and Dancing was just half that at 700,000; it was wiped out by the newer format.

1 Like

As @TV.Cynic alluded to, you pick the cast for the viewers you want. Seven was aiming for a broader demographic so got identities of different backgrounds and ages. Ten could skew that lower if they wanted in both contestant and host. Three has done that quite well in NZ, age wise.

2 Likes

Either during the winter sport months OR from September to end of November

DWTS did well for Seven as an end of ratings year schedule ‘filler’ for a few years before they decided to in 2015 air it in the middle of the year which led to The Voice soundly beating it in the ratings (as TV Cynic outlined above)

Ten could re-jig the afternoon schedule to include at FCTV style program at 1pm on the back or Dr. Phil and then screening whatever reality show screens at 1pm now at 2pm - Judge Judy and ET could follow - a cooking show and Morning News could screen at 11am (if the did want to shorten Studio 10 to an 11am finish - but to finish it at 11am, I believe a 8am start would be in order on the back of say a 1 hour 7am news service)

1 Like

The answer to Ten’s woes has been staring us all in the face, but only one man saw it

10 Likes

I think Ten could and should air either a Saturday edition of The Project, be screened in the same format as the other 6 nights OR produce an edition of The Project called The Project Weekly - which would have the more important/relevant stories and issues from the week. Perhaps have a different host present it each week.

We don’t need more of The Project, more new ideas for programming are needed.

5 Likes

I like and have been an advocate for a Saturday edition. It is tens primetime news program. Its not like seven or nine break their news on Saturdays.

With Family Feud Sundays gone in a few weeks time, then there will be a good chance for Sports Tonight to take over at 6pm sundays. I don’t want to have Sunday Family Feud as it has bombed so badly in ratings.
But without any sport in summer on Channel 10, there needs to be more stuff to be on. I think its time that TEN needs to consider carefully of Ninja Warrior UK. Surely that this can be good during the summer (unlike the Australian Ninja Warrior) and could potentially push ratings further up. @William_C wouldn’t be worried about the UK version when aired during summer.

last we heard was that it was going to be this month, as to when Sports Tonight might air.

Dont think sports tonight will be airing at 6pm…maybe later

2 Likes

Sound like an hourly based format at 9.30pm

1 Like

and hopefully on the main channel too with a late night encore on ONE

I don’t see Pointless running 6 days a week… not when they cited that as one of the reasons FF failed (oversaturation)

3 Likes

They are advertising it as running at 6 pm weeknights. So it will be on Monday-Friday. They will have something else on Sunday.

Also Ten never cited oversaturation, that was Grant himself saying that.

it was backed up by a statement or a comment I thought…

1 Like

So you are claiming sports tonight will not air 6pm Sundays?

Maybe :wink:

1 Like