SAS Australia

Surely this isn’t legal. But I think you’re all wrong, I think it’s a huge get. People might not like her, but I think people are intrigued by her.

4 Likes

Looks like show about Seven Adelaide.

2 Likes

Promo

1 Like

SAS Australia names first star recruits

Schapelle Corby, Merrick Watts, Candice Warner, Nick Cummins and Roxy Jacenko to take on one of the toughest tests of their lives

The Seven Network has today announced the first five celebrities who will take on one of the toughest tests of their lives in SAS Australia .

Former Bali inmate Schapelle Corby , comedian Merrick Watts , retired ironwoman Candice Warner , rugby star Nick Cummins and PR queen Roxy Jacenko will endure an extraordinary series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process.

These star recruits, plus more to be announced including a leading actor, a gold medallist, a model and one of Australia’s best sportsmen, will be cut off from the outside world at a secret base in spectacular terrain where they will eat, sleep and train together in punishing conditions, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

As they’re subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, these men and women will be pushed beyond their limits.

Some will reach breaking point and withdraw. Who will have the mental strength to tough it out to the end?

Putting the celebrity recruits through the gruelling SAS course is an elite team of ex-Special Forces soldiers - Chief Instructor Ant Middleton and his Directing Staff (DS) Jason “Foxy” Fox , Ollie Ollerton and Mark “Billy” Billingham from the hit UK version of the series.

Seven’s Director of Programming Angus Ross said: “We have an absolutely killer celebrity cast who are all in for a shock. SAS Australia is no game – it is the toughest test. The course is brutal, and it doesn’t matter who you are or what you do there is no special treatment which makes for utterly engrossing television.”

Chief Instructor Ant Middleton said: “There is no set mould for passing SAS selection. You need courage, determination, that never give up attitude but ultimately the strength of mind to carry on, even when faced with your demons and biggest fears.”

SAS Australia will premiere on Channel 7 in October. The series is produced by Screentime, a Banijay Group company, based on a Minnow Films format.

I look forward to the day Seven signs her up for a role on Home and Away alongside other former reality stars. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A promo was posted on their Facebook account

It premiered last night during Farmer Wants A Wife.

Reports this morning that Roxy Jacenko and Schapelle Corby have left the show.

Roxy departed the series due to a ‘lack of comforts’ while Schapelle struggled with the ‘fitness’ aspect of the gruelling new reality series.

2 Likes

But that’s just how the show works, isn’t it? If you can’t handle a challenge, then you quit. Those are spoilers.

2 Likes

spoiler much?

1 Like

Love seeing Roxy Jacenko on TV, she’s a reality tv star

I do like that trailer, very army/commando raid except they are taken as hostages. And they look so cool when their faces are reveled especially Corby, with her hair.

2 Likes

The promos aren’t grabbing my attention as yet… bit bland?

Screenshot_20200907-191828~2

New Promo

Sabrina Frederick, who plays for Richmond in the AFLW, is the latest celebrity revealed to be taking part in SAS: Australia.

During the new promo for the show it was confirmed that Olympic medal swimmer James Magnussen, suspended swim star Shayna Jack and cricket legend Mitchell Johnson would join the likes of Schapelle Corby and Nick ‘Honey Badger’ Cummins as the celebrities who will be are pushed to the limits.

Four new recruits

• World Champion Swimmer James Magnussen

• Cricket Legend Mitchell Johnson

• AFLW Player Sabrina Frederick

• Suspended Swim Star Shayna Jack

Will these star recruits make SAS selection? Watch the latest action-packed Sneak Peek. SAS Australia sees Aussie celebrities take on a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process.

This is not a game. There is no winner; there is no prize. These star recruits will eat, sleep and train together in punishing conditions, with no allowances made for their celebrity status or gender.

An elite team of ex-Special Forces soldiers will subject them to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, pushing the stars beyond their limits every step of the way.

Some will break and withdraw. Who has what it takes to tough it out to the end?

1 Like

New promo

Update

“There was a period where I lost my self-confidence…

I want to test myself and I want to rebuild myself.” - Merrick Watts, Comedian

Funnyman Merrick is getting serious for the toughest test of his life