SAS Australia

New sneak peek clip for season 2 aired tonight during Seven News in Melbourne.

TV’s toughest test is back

Star recruits pushed to breaking point in SAS Australia’s most gruelling season yet

Eighteen Aussie celebrities take on one of the toughest tests of their lives in the highly anticipated new season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

Under the direction of elite ex-Special Forces soldiers Ant Middleton, Mark “Billy” Billingham, Jason “Foxy” Fox and Ollie Ollerton, recruits will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

The star recruits brave enough to take the ultimate challenge are:

• Alicia Molik – Tennis Champion
  • Bonnie Anderson – Singer / Actor
  • Brynne Edelsten – Socialite
  • Dan Ewing – Actor
  • Emma Husar – Former Politician
  • Erin Holland – TV Presenter
  • Heath Shaw – AFL Star
  • Isabelle Cornish – Actor
  • Jana Pittman – Dual Olympian
  • Jessica Peris – Sprinter
  • Jett Kenny – Ironman
  • John Steffensen – Olympic Runner
  • Kerri Pottharst – Beach Volleyball Olympian
  • Koby Abberton – Bra Boy
  • Manu Feildel – Celebrity Chef
  • Mark Philippoussis – Tennis Legend
  • Pete Murray – Singer-Songwriter
  • Sam Burgess – NRL Star

In punishing conditions, recruits will be subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

They’ll need to push past their fears and their limits in the hope of passing SAS selection.

I’ll be interested to see how far Heater (Shaw) can last, he’s been known to be a hothead.

The Olympics is tough, but this is tougher!

Five former Olympians pushed to breaking point in SAS Australia’s most gruelling season yet

Think the Olympics is tough? Wait until you see five former Olympians try to make it through SAS training.

Eighteen Aussie celebrities, including Olympians Alicia Molik, Jana Pittman, John Steffensen, Kerri Pottharst and Mark Philippoussis, are taking on one of the toughest tests of their lives in the highly anticipated new season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

Under the direction of elite ex-Special Forces soldiers Ant Middleton, Mark “Billy” Billingham, Jason “Foxy” Fox and Ollie Ollerton, recruits will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

The star recruits with something to prove on TV’s toughest test are:

• Dan Ewing – Actor
  • Heath Shaw – AFL Star
  • Jett Kenny – Ironman
  • John Steffensen – Olympic Medallist
  • Pete Murray – Musician
  • Sam Burgess – NRL Star

In punishing conditions, recruits will be subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

They’ll need to push past their fears and their limits in the hope of passing SAS selection.

Some will reach breaking point and withdraw. Who has the mental strength to tough it out to the end?

2 Likes

Burgess breaks down

NRL star opens up in new SAS Australia sneak peek

NRL star Sam Burgess breaks down in an all-new sneak peek of the upcoming season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

The former Rabbitohs captain is seen enduring tear gas and other extreme tasks as he reveals he’s lost respect for himself and is scared of the dark.

During interrogation from SAS Chief Instructor Ant Middleton, Burgess admits: “I’ve lost my career, my kids and my marriage. I’ve lost it all.”

Burgess is one of 18 Aussie celebrities who will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

In punishing conditions, these recruits will be subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

Some will reach breaking point and withdraw. Who has the mental strength to tough it out to the end?

• Dan Ewing – Actor
  • Heath Shaw – AFL Star
  • Jett Kenny – Ironman
  • Pete Murray – Musician
  • Sam Burgess – NRL Star

New season premiering September.

Pittman’s biggest hurdle yet

Dual Olympian tackles SAS Australia six months after giving birth

Mother of four Jana Pittman reveals she wants to make her children proud in an all-new sneak peek of the upcoming season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

“This course is going to test me beyond anything I’ve ever done,” says Pittman, a dual Olympian in both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games

“I think I’m tough, but I had a baby six months ago,” she adds. “I hope I’ve got what it takes. I don’t like to fail.”

SAS Chief Instructor Ant Middleton describes Pittman as a “lioness”, telling her: “Whatever fire you’ve ignited within you, if you keep that, you will be here at the end of the course.” Will she make it?

Pittman is one of 18 Aussie celebrities who will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

In punishing conditions, these recruits will be subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

That’s fucking stupid.

That’s judgemental. She gave birth not suffered a life threatening illness.

Still. After just giving birth? After a year, maybe? But after only a few months?

On the assumption that you’re male (same would go if you were a woman tbh), I don’t think any woman needs judgment from you or anyone about what’s appropriate for them to do with their bodies or for work post birth. You can keep your opinions on that to yourself.

2 Likes

Dan Ewing uncut

Former Home and Away bad boy gets real on TV’s toughest test

Dan Ewing reveals he’s trying to become a better version of himself in an all-new sneak peek of the upcoming season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

The Aussie actor, best known for portraying bad boy Heath Braxton on Home and Away , says: “There’s no acting on this course for me. There’s no cut, there’s no trailer, this is Dan Ewing.”

Describing himself as immensely confident and meticulous, Ewing is looking forward to seeing what he’s capable of when his back’s against the wall.

“I won’t have my meditation music, candles… what’s going to be of benefit, as an actor, is my preparation.”

Ewing is one of 18 Aussie celebrities who will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

Mark Philippoussis dreams big

Aussie tennis legend determined to ace TV’s toughest test

Aussie tennis legend Mark Philippoussis admits he’s stopped being a dreamer in an all-new sneak peek of the upcoming season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

“As a kid I was such a dreamer,” the Davis Cup champion and former world number eight reveals. “I can’t remember the last time I’ve dreamt of something I wanted to do, or become. I’ve stopped dreaming.”

The 44-year-old father of two is taking on the SAS selection course, determined to come back to his family “stronger and more complete”.

“When I’m on this course, I have to push through the pain,” he says. “I want to show my son as long as you keep going, as long as you keep believing, as long as you do not quit, you can achieve anything that you dream of.”

Manu Feildel faces his fears

Celebrity chef steps out of the frying pan and into the SAS firing line

Manu Feildel is on the receiving end of a whole new set of rules in an all-new sneak peek of the upcoming season of SAS Australia , coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

“I’ve been a chef for 35 years and it’s very similar to the army,” the celebrity chef reveals. “Running kitchens is a stressful environment.”

Tackling a terrifying challenge high above ground, the 48-year-old father of two admits he’s afraid of heights.

“I do believe that I’ve got what it takes to succeed,” he says. “I want to prove to my kids anything’s possible.”

Feildel is one of 18 Aussie celebrities who will face a series of physical and psychological tests from the real SAS selection process – on the most gruelling course ever seen in the UK or Australia.

The highly anticipated new season of SAS Australia storms onto screens Monday, 13 September at 7.30pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Eighteen Aussie celebrities have volunteered to put their privileged lives behind and embark on the toughest test of their lives.

They have enrolled on a condensed version of the Special Forces selection course, a brutal process which will physically and mentally strip them back to the core.

No other test asks as much, or means as much, to the few who make it through.

Seven’s Director of Programming Angus Ross said: “ SAS Australia was the most talked about show on television last year and for good reason. It puts the real into reality tv.

“These celebrities have volunteered for the world’s toughest TV show and Ant Middleton and his staff don’t hold back. This season is more extreme, more brutal and more controversial than ever. It’s going to blow people’s minds.”

• Dan Ewing – Actor
  • Heath Shaw – AFL Star
  • Jett Kenny – Ironman
  • Pete Murray – Musician
  • Sam Burgess – NRL Star

While Ant Middleton is fronting this show I find it hard to want to watch, although I like the concept.

1 Like

SAS - Season 2

SAS Australia declassified

Your guide to the new season is here

The highly anticipated new season of SAS Australia starts next Monday, 13 September at 7.30pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

These Aussie celebrities have volunteered to put their privileged lives behind and embark on the toughest test of their lives - a condensed version of the Special Forces selection course, a brutal process which will physically and mentally strip them back to the core.

No other test asks as much, or means as much, to the few who make it through.

• Dan Ewing – Actor
  • Heath Shaw – AFL Star
  • Jett Kenny – Ironman
  • Pete Murray – Musician
  • Sam Burgess – NRL Star

The gripping new season of SAS Australia premieres next Monday, 13 September at 7.30pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Faced with extreme challenges in unforgiving terrain, these famous faces will eat, sleep and be tested in punishing conditions, with no allowances or exceptions made for their celebrity status or gender.

As they’re subjected to extreme physical endurance, sleep deprivation, interrogation and psychological testing, these men and women will need to push past their fears and their limits in the hope of passing SAS selection.

The recruits

Is that a former school or factory?

Monday:

Tonight on SAS Australia, 18 celebrities volunteered to put their privileged lives behind and embark on the toughest test of their lives – a condensed, but very real, version of the Special Forces selection course.

Under the direction of Chief Instructor Ant Middleton and the DS (Directing Staff) Mark “Billy” Billingham, Jason “Foxy” Fox and Ollie Ollerton, these star recruits were forced to endure a shocking tear gassing exercise before even entering the compound, the first step in stripping them of their egos.

“Everyone thinks they’re hardcore until they get f*cking gassed,” said Middleton.

Surprised by the biggest recruit reacting so strongly to the tear gas, the DS brought #16 Sam Burgess into the Mirror Room for questioning, where he proceeded to come clean about the personal events which brought him there.

“I just completed 28 days of rehab because my last 18 months have been crazy,” said Burgess. “Everything I’ve touched turned to sh*t, I’ve lost it all.”

The recruits’ world of pain and suffering continued, with a dangerous test of endurance – a helicopter ladder crossing high above a lake – which proved too challenging for some.

One of the few to successfully complete the task, recruit #17 Alicia Molik, received a brutal dressing down from Middleton after a blatant display of showboating. As punishment, all recruits faced their first beasting back on the Parade Square.

Collapsing under the pressure, #3 Brynne Edelsten became the first recruit to VW (voluntarily withdraw) from the course, stating: “Even though I’m disappointed I’m leaving, I know that I need to because my body is not strong enough to keep doing these things.

“But I have no regrets about this, if anything it encourages me to keep going and see what I can do in the future,” said Edelsten.

Tuesday: Tomorrow 7.30pm, recruits face a terrifying test of courage, 30 metres above ground, before a claustrophobic, underground wormhole task which gets smaller and smaller the further in they go. Plus, Emma Husar exposed and Erin Holland lives every woman’s worst nightmare.