Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

I would love to see the RT report on being taken off are around the world. Should be some entertaining viewing.

Looks like Nine have switched to the CNN International feed now.

1 Like

Very interesting, on Telstra home wifi RT is now inaccessible. On mobile (Optus MVNO), could access it once I got past a CAPTCHA.

I wonder if Telstra have now decided to block RT?

Damn. I was enjoying the American ad breaks :pensive:

What are the main news outlets in Ukraine? Television stations etc?

I believe all commercial television networks there are simulcasting Ukrainian public television. You can also follow Kyiv News and Kyiv Independent on Twitter.

It will be interesting to see if Russia plan to take these over in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Yep always entertaining, most are about health cover and insurance, there no public cover unlike Australia , least though ours are entertaining (like singing quokkas) and not depressing “you’re stuffed if you don’t have one.”

Least the 9Now feed of CNN is in HD, Foxtel is still SD

5 Likes

I posted a live YT stream link to a Ukraine station that’s still going. A few days ago.

2 Likes

Really? In 2022? Ridiculous!

1 Like

10 News First have redeployed Paul Gonzo back to Poland with Ursula Heger being sent to cover London.

2 Likes

He said in the live cross they’ll be traveling to some other border checkpoints to cover the refugee crisis the Ukraine attacks have caused. I think that’s a good angle.

I also think they should’ve sent Hamish over given his extensive experience in war zones and he could’ve done coverage for both news and the project.

I think that would be great for The Project. But I’m not sure 10 have the legal / insurance costs to have their staff enter a war zone. Hence why Paul is on the border of Poland.

Seven / Nine / ABC / SBS seem to be geared up for situations like this.

3 Likes

I’m curious, in what aspects do you agree with Russia?

BTW, his name is Johnpaul

1 Like

Sean Rubinsztein-Dunlop reporting from Warsaw tonight.

1 Like

Amelia Adams is now reporting from the Poland-Ukraine Border

Excuse the 9now screenshot

6 Likes

That discussion ended up happening in another thread, so I’ll refer you there rather than derailing this thread again. My thoughts and quite a bit of discussion started at Russia and Ukraine Conflict - #30 by SamuelGS

At the moment all channels in Ukraine, with the exeption of the main channel of the public broadcaster UA: Pershyi, for the most part take the feed of RadaTV (formerly the Parliamentary TV channel, now 24/7 news station). All participating broadcasters provide footage and take turns with the studio segments.

So if the feed of Kanal24 goes down you also can go to any other Ukranian broadcaster and see the same. 1+1 and ICTV also have youtube streams running.

4 Likes

As part of this telethon-style broadcast, there’s is an hourly news report which is actually being co-produced by Rada TV and Suspilne (UA:PBC). Initially called #UArazom (#UAstrong), since Saturday it is called Yedyni novyny (United News), and acquired a new graphics package designed by the in-house design team at ICTV and its owner StarLightMedia. The program airs once every hour on all national TV channels, as a round-up of the latest developments on the crisis. Then, UA:Pershyi and Rada TV (taken by most commercial channels) continue with their own broadcasts.

4 Likes