Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

Media Watch Special tonight.

1 Like

UPDATE 8/3: Anne Barker has travelled from Indonesia to Poland/Ukraine border to report for the ABC.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Have Seven and Nine swapped crews yet…? Surely they’ll need to change over soon.

1 Like

Reported as being legitimate

Translation

2 Likes

Whelp, she’s definitely going to disappear.

1 Like
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1503665751898656771?s=21

Hopefully she’s just gone into hiding

3 Likes

Chris Reason has left Kyiv ahead of the curfew.

4 Likes

I’m glad he’s out have been watching the past few nights and saw him still right in the middle of Kyiv with it all.

I’m assuming he and Kathryn Robinson are still married, it was interesting the other week when she was hosting Weekend Breakfast and reporting on it all wondering what her thoughts are with her husband right in the thick of it.

I did see a report this morning that she had been released and had been fined but I really do hope she has some level of protection and didn’t get any drinks or anything while being held. Certainly a very brave thing to do, was interesting to hear her story about it and hopefully there might be some level of attention to it but I’m assuming not unfortunately.

Do we know if Carrie-Anne Greenbank has left Kyiv?Last I saw, she was in a bunker under a hotel for several days, but that was maybe a week ago at least.

I’m actually staggered that Australian networks still had their crews in Kyiv even a few weeks ago, let alone only just leaving now. There are various international and freelance crews that will remain to provide images, it really shouldn’t be worth endangering staff just for a better piece to camera. Amelia Adams is in a much less risky location and that seems to be working just as well.

She was released after 2 days, fined $370. Fears she may be prosecuted under a more serious law banning fake news that has a 15 year jail term.

1 Like

Marina worked as a senior producer at Channel One before her protest.

1 Like

We know Mark Burrows and Amelia Adams are in Lviv. Haven’t heard from Carrie in a while…

Have noticed that this bit from a report Chris Reason did a few nights ago has received a lot of attention both on Twitter and overseas. For example, I saw CNN air it on New Day (as well as other programs):

2 Likes

Chris Reason is doing a spectacular job over there.

5 Likes

Chris Reason has been on CNN International

5 Likes

Also good to see Ch7 News referring to Arnold Schwarzenegger’s exceptional & extraordinary Twitter video post tonight.
https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/
If only all those Russian soldiers, Generals, Kremlin Politicians with a heart & conscience could view it. The speech was certainly crafted to reach out to many Russians. Well done Arnie.

4 Likes