Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

I think that would be great for The Project. But I’m not sure 10 have the legal / insurance costs to have their staff enter a war zone. Hence why Paul is on the border of Poland.

Seven / Nine / ABC / SBS seem to be geared up for situations like this.

3 Likes

I’m curious, in what aspects do you agree with Russia?

BTW, his name is Johnpaul

1 Like

Sean Rubinsztein-Dunlop reporting from Warsaw tonight.

1 Like

Amelia Adams is now reporting from the Poland-Ukraine Border

Excuse the 9now screenshot

6 Likes

That discussion ended up happening in another thread, so I’ll refer you there rather than derailing this thread again. My thoughts and quite a bit of discussion started at Russia and Ukraine Conflict - #30 by SamuelGS

At the moment all channels in Ukraine, with the exeption of the main channel of the public broadcaster UA: Pershyi, for the most part take the feed of RadaTV (formerly the Parliamentary TV channel, now 24/7 news station). All participating broadcasters provide footage and take turns with the studio segments.

So if the feed of Kanal24 goes down you also can go to any other Ukranian broadcaster and see the same. 1+1 and ICTV also have youtube streams running.

4 Likes

As part of this telethon-style broadcast, there’s is an hourly news report which is actually being co-produced by Rada TV and Suspilne (UA:PBC). Initially called #UArazom (#UAstrong), since Saturday it is called Yedyni novyny (United News), and acquired a new graphics package designed by the in-house design team at ICTV and its owner StarLightMedia. The program airs once every hour on all national TV channels, as a round-up of the latest developments on the crisis. Then, UA:Pershyi and Rada TV (taken by most commercial channels) continue with their own broadcasts.

4 Likes

It’s because they don’t want CNN to look good on Fox. Naturally all Sky and Fox News are HD

2 Likes

According to TV Tonight, SBS Viceland will air a special episode of Vice News Tonight on the conflict (referred to in the Deadline article last Friday) this Wednesday, March 2, at 8.30pm.

1 Like

How else would they overcharge people for “upgrades”? :joy:

1 Like

Its the same on foxtel now too thogh, clearly a Fox ploy

ABC Sydney reporter Sean Rubinsztein-Dunlop has been sent to Poland to report on the conflict.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Deadline reports British regulator Ofcom has launched 15 investigations into Russia Today channel following hundreds of complaints over impartiality in covering the conflict. The investigations related to 15 editions of the hourly News program broadcast on Sunday.

2 Likes

TV Tower in Kiev reportedly targeted by Russia as seen on Today and Sunrise

1 Like

Thought this was only a matter of time. Are radios stations still working?

So I’m assuming the Ukraine live stream I posted Is now down?

Nope. Just checked It’s still going.

1 Like