Russell Coight's All Aussie Adventures

5 Likes
2 Likes

And Street Smart? :stuck_out_tongue:
Have TEN even launched a comedy since 2012?

1 Like

Last Sunday’s episode will be repeated tonight straight after The Living Room.

1 Like

Ten Eyewitness News appeared in tonights episode.

2 Likes

“Coight-Room Drama”:

3 Likes

I don’t mind this as there is nothing else on Sunday nights, however the jokes do seem a bit repetitive and they try and jam too much into an episode which makes it feel disjointed. I would prefer longer scenes in places rather than couple minute snippets and then he’s off to the next thing. E.g. If he’s camping and showing us how to boil water, why not spend a whole longer segment there showing different things around the campsite? It just seems they show something, something goes wrong and then he’s off somewhere else. The episodes then have so many random scenes in them they are all over the place and have no flow.

1 Like

I guess it’s more slapstick comedy hence the fast moving nature of it. Not meant to be a long form sitcom.

1 Like

that’s also probably a joke like the handshake cutscenes, and the idiocy of Coight lmao

like they put the locations on a map and Coight says ‘then I went to…’ It’s an obvious joke

1 Like

I get that but it is just constant random scenes thrown together. If each episode (or even sections of the episode) focused on at least a common topic it would flow better. It feels like they filmed 100 scenes and just slopped them together in episode.

But that’s exactly how a lot of those travel and lifestyle shows are.

I get what you mean - in the original series there was somewhat of a theme throughout the episodes, for example traveling to a cattle muster, the Daintree, with foreign tourists etc. I’m thoroughly enjoying it as is though!

3 Likes

It seems working dog have tight controls on the steaming rights for this show with only 5 day viewing window on ten play. Really really weird in this day and age.

5 Likes

Yet the entire season of HYBPA is on Tenplay still. Weird.

Sports Tonight only lasts 3 weeks before it expires, also weird in this day and age if they want to grow TenPlay’s appeal… Why promote your online streaming service as the place to watch Ten Programs if your going to remove the content eventually anyway? :confused:

I don’t think Sports Tonight is the type of show people are going to watch 3 weeks later, even 3 days later the news/discussion is out of date.

I’m sure TEN would leave AAA online if Working Dog allowed it. Perhaps Working Dog are securing a deal with a paid streaming platform. Scripted content works better on these services then a program like HYBPA (which I doubt gets many streams after a few weeks).

3 Likes

Finale next Sunday with a one hour double episode, bringing it to a total of 7 half hour episodes in the series.

1 Like

Feels like it has been on only 3 weeks.

2 Likes

The show was so funny although those accident pranks can be a bit repetitive. I hope there will be another season next year. In the meantime I will go to YouTube to see the first two seasons.

3 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed this season, and from the articles/reviews/social media posts I’ve seen, feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

I think it’s more a case of whether Working Dog are up to do another season or not, as I imagine Ten would be keen to go again. If there is to be more, I’d doubt it would be on air next year though - I’d say it would hit screens in 2020.

I’ve got my fingers crossed anyway! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: