Rugby League

That’s a shame, Auckland/NZ deserves to have more games in 2023 to help compensate for not having any games during COVID lockdowns.

4 Likes

Perhaps it’s a tv thing. Unfortunate, they should have more games at home.

Should they though?

2 Likes

The Melbourne Storm top 4 hopes have come to an end after the Parramatta Eels won the match 22-14. Parra started off well and extended to 22-0, however the Storm tried to fight back but fell short. The Melbourne Storm will have to play an elimination final against the Canberra Raiders (pending on the result)

3 Likes

Good, The Stadium has run it’s Course as an NRL Venue, The Stand Collapse at a Rugby Match really put the Walls up.

Yeah, it was never really going to get any funding since the Tigers only played there 4 times a year.

No stand collapsed. A fence fell down.

2 Likes

Broncos’ 12-22 loss to Dragons at Kogarah this evening means this year’s top eight is locked in, with Raiders getting the last finals spot.

Barring the very unlikely scenario of the Raiders getting thrashed by last placed Tigers tomorrow, by at least 54 points.

That would then put their for/against behind Brisbane’s and push them out of the 8.

Well i think we can safely say this is what Week 1 of Finals will look like

(Dates and Times TBC)

QF1 (Team 1 v 4)
Penrith v Parramatta
(Penrith Stadium)

QF2 (Team 2 v 3)
Cronulla v Nth Qld
(Shark Park)

EF1 (Team 5 v 8)
Melbourne v Canberra
(Melbourne Rectangular Stadium)

EF2 (Team 6 v 7)
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney
(Sydney Football Stadium)

2 Likes

I’ve just posted the dates and times on NRL on Nine thread.

Raiders thrashed Tigers 56-10 in the final game of home and away season. This came after Sharks sewed up second spot by beating Knights 38-16 in Newcastle, which remarkably featured three field length intercept tries - two to Sharks and one to Knights.

4 Likes

Live now

2 Likes

The investigative podcast follows former rugby league legend James Graham through an exploration of his brain health and the epidemic of concussions in the NRL. The Australian’s Jessica Halloran co-hosts the podcast, and the pair investigate concussion effects on grassroots junior to elite players to discover what more can be done to reduce or even reverse the consequences of concussions on the field.

2 Likes

Minor premiers Penrith opened this year’s finals series with a 27-8 win over Parramatta at home.

1 Like

Penrith were just too good, I reckon that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen Nathan Cleary play, he was just awesome with his running, kicking and passing.

If they keep their form at that level, I don’t think anyone can beat them.

I know we have a couple of Raiders supporters here?

They are looking good at 16-8 up at half time against the Storm, despite Melbourne having more possession and field position.

Melbourne Storm season has ended after they were beaten by the Raiders 28-20 in AAMI Park. This was the first time since 2014 that Melbourne Storm were eliminated in week 1.

1 Like

Canberra beat Melbourne 28-20 in a seesawing elimination final, with scores level several times but the Raiders always had an upper hand.

It’s Raiders’ fifth win in a row at AAMI Park, and their second finals victory at the venue. Storm now lead Raiders 4-2 in finals head to head.

1 Like

UP THE MILK! :milk_glass:

1 Like