Rugby League

Despite missing 7 players who stood down due to the well documented Pride jersey controversy , Manly did well to be competitive and only go down 20-10 against the Roosters.

Both sides were down to 12 men with 22 seconds to go after a high tackle resulted in a minor scuffle with 1 player from each side being sent to the sin bin.

The Roosters will need to play a lot better than this if they want to be competitive in this year’s finals if they make it that far. Manlys finals chances are just about gone.

1 Like
2 Likes

Melbourne ended its four-game losing streak this evening, beating the Warriors 24-12 in Auckland.

2 Likes

The Game’s No. 1 player, Nathan Cleary has just been SENT OFF for a spear tackle!

Parramatta has just scored off the back of that penalty and now lead Penrith 18-4! Panthers look quite rattled now.

One man show!

Penrith are a better team than that, but yeah, being down to 12 men for the last 62 minutes of the game when already down by 8 was gonna be hard.

But now down 24-4, Parramatta should win from here.
But then they’ll probably flop against Manly next week!

Cleary’s send off really shook the Panthers, eventually losing to the Eels 34-10.

2 Likes

There was another send-off this evening, with South Sydney’s Thomas Burgess earning an early shower in the 87th minute of the clash against Cronulla, for a high tackle on Ronaldo Mulitalo. The scores were tied at 20-20 at the end of regular time, and it was after Burgess’ send-off that Nicho Hynes kicked a field goal to win the game for the Sharks.

2 Likes
3 Likes

@Radiohead Good win for you guys tonight. A shame it was against the Dragons. I was hopeful that the Dragons were to snatch a win towards the end, but it wasn’t the case.

1 Like

Thanks, Dragons ran them closer than I thought they would, they controlled the ball better and were the better team for the most part. But some poor last tackle options from St George Illawarra probably cost them a chance at victory.

1 Like

Stuart labelled Salmon a “weak gutted dog” in the post-match press conference after the Raiders lost 26-6 to the Panthers on Saturday. Salmon lashed out with his boot after he was tackled by Raiders hooker Tom Starling in the 60th minute of the match, and was then placed on report.

I have had history with that kid (Salmon). I know that kid very well.
He was a weak gutted dog as a kid and he hasn’t changed now. He is a weak gutted dog person now.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/brisbanebroncos/status/1557552973122641920?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1557552973122641920|twgr^fad2ba1e528caded961ba834203c60ba6e3b43e7|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwwos.nine.com.au%2Fnrl%2Fpaul-green-coach-dead-age-49-north-queensland-premiership-state-of-origin%2F502bd94d-a2fc-4e69-87cb-5d4ae1474b61

The NRL community is in shock after premiership-winning coach Paul Green died at the age of 49.

Green played 162 first grade matches between 1994-2004, winning the prestigious Rothmans Medal in 1995 as the game’s best and fairest. He played State of Origin for Queensland and represented Super League’s Australian team in 1997.

Turning to coaching after his retirement, he was in charge of North Queensland from 2014-2020, leading the club to its first ever premiership in 2015.

3 Likes

I am absolutely shocked by this news. RIP

4 Likes
3 Likes

Great first half from the Storm, the 16-0 scoreline is one i certainly wasnt expecting.

Both sides are missing a host of players due to injury and suspension, but the quality of the game is still top notch despite the score.

3 Likes

Really saddened by this news. As a staunch Cowboys supporter who rode every minute of 2015, I have been thinking a lot about this since I found out today. So, so sad.

5 Likes

And that was the final score. Storm have now won seven of the past nine games at Panthers Stadium.

It’s the first time this season Panthers were held scoreless.

3 Likes

Amazing effort by the Storm to keep Penrith scoreless.

Perhaps they can’t be written off for the premiership just yet, but the Panthers will get Cleary and Luai back for the finals, whilst it appears that Papenhuyzen and Hughes won’t play for Melbourne again this year.

It was a high quality contest, lots of great attack and defence from both teams, the Storm were just the better side tonight.

3 Likes

And apparently in 7 years!

2 Likes