Royal Wedding 2018

So you’re saying future royal weddings will all be covered better than the last just because of how TV likes to hype things up more than they really should be these days? I don’t like that or agree with it one bit.

I’m not saying that but what happened 7 years ago doesn’t have to be the same as now.

2 Likes

If anything, the ratings last time around suggested those networks that ignored it or gave it little coverage last time should do more.

2 Likes

With the FTA landscape changing dramatically since 2011 and all channels putting in lots of effort for coverage, it’ll be very interesting to see how the audience is split and whether this ‘cancelling each other out’ factor will be relevant. Almost to the point of saturation and overwhelming. Plus, as has been mentioned, AFL fans who aren’t interested in the Royal Wedding (any news on channel arrangements for that yet @TV.Cynic?)

1 Like

Media Spy has received the Seven program schedules but there is an embargoed until Sunday.

6 Likes

The Foxtel advanced listings states Seven’s Royal Wedding coverage will be on the main channel in Melbourne with the AFL (St Kilda v Collingwood) airing on 7mate

3 Likes

Probably the right decision then, especially given the AFL teams playing. I just wanted to pose the question about Royal Weddings in the current television climate.

1 Like

I guess 7mate then for both AFL matches then?(Swans-Dockers ota in NSW and WA.)

1 Like

My opinion on how the Seven coverage should look like.

6-6:30 Seven News | Seven (as per normal)

6:30 - 11:30 AFL: St Kilda vs Collingwood | 7MateHD (all states)

6:30 - 7:00 Seven News (networked from HSV or ATN) | Seven (all states)

7:00 - when event finishes: Seven News Special | Seven (all states)

Or the AFL should have given a bye for that round instead of the mid year one.

1 Like

Seven’s program guide:

Saturday 19 May
04:00 PM Special Event: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan
06:00 PM Seven News
07:00 PM Special Event: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan
11:00 PM TBA

Adelaide
02:30 PM AFL: Rnd 9: Gold Coast v Port Adelaide
05:30 PM TBA
11:30 PM TBA

The afternoon royal coverage is currently not scheduled on any multichannel in Adelaide

Perth
03:00 PM Special Event: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan
05:00 PM Special Event: Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan
09:00 PM Movie: My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)
11:15 PM TBA

5 Likes

Would be nice if Ten were going to make any effort with this, that it was advertised and advised accordingly to it didn’t feel like they slapped something together last minute.

1 Like

Seven has confirmed to the AFL website that its royal wedding coverage will be in HD including Melbourne and Adelaide.

1 Like

that same article said

In Australia the wedding is expected to be shown on no less than five free-to-air stations.

Am I missing something?? I counted 4 showing the wedding in full.

The obvious thing would be that Ten may be planning to show it, they just haven’t bothered to promote it yet as per their usual standard of late with this kind of event.

2 Likes

Lisa wilkenson will be in London to cover for the project.

3 Likes

4 Likes

ABC, ABC News, SBS, 7 and 9

I thought they meant networks

ABC promos:

2 Likes

The SBS coverage is going to be pretty good from what the lineup sounds like.

I just feel that Seven’s coverage is going to be real tacky with Musher…