Royal Wedding 2018

According to Mediaweek, UKTV will relay BBC’s live and uninterrupted coverage of the wedding and procession.

1 Like

I think they will be right there, as close to Windsor Castle as they can be.

Hot tip on how to better enjoy this topic :grinning:

12 Likes

UKTV coverage. The wedding is at 9:00pm AEST.

The SMH reporting that Ten is apparently sending Lisa Wilkinson and Angela Bishop to cover the wedding, which has disappointed Ita Buttrose as she assumed she would be going.

Melissa Doyle will front Seven’s coverage with other details not yet know.

2 Likes

Is this nicely timed so Ita Buttrose can be in London for Nine’s coverage in a few weeks, I wonder?

3 Likes

If all the networks are covering the royal wedding why is nine claiming to be the “home of the royal wedding”

1 Like

I would be surprised if Ten have rolling coverage of it. I only expect them to put pieces into their news & current affairs program. Like Ten News and The Project.

1 Like

The Wedding Project could be a good working name but I’m not holding my breath

Did 10 covered Wills and Kate wedding in 2011

Yes they covered it.

They’ll whack it on as well as it’s a Saturday night and doesn’t cost anything to put the pool stream on.

You wouldn’t really understand how royal weddings are covered over the many many years so stop making assumptions.

It’s following on from them claiming the same thing for Prince William & Catherine’s wedding in 2011:

1 Like

It’s stupid as there’s no exclusivity. All the networks covered it back then and they’ll all do the same again. Bullshit hyperbole from nine.

4 Likes

Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Live from Windsor UK, join Annabel Crabb, Jeremy Fernandez and guests as they bring you all the anticipation and excitement of the wedding of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle.

5 Likes

ABC TV coverage

Saturday 19 May

NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, ACT

7:30pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Countdown
Join hosts Annabel Crabb and Jeremy Fernandez for this momentous occasion as they take you to St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle for the countdown to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

8:00pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Arrivals
Annabel Crabb and Jeremy Fernandez are joined by Jennie Bond, Lisa Millar, James Glenday and Nick Dole to share in the excitement as guests arrive at Windsor Castle and the party atmosphere spreads across the UK.

9:00pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Ceremony
Live across Australia, ABC brings you a front row seat to the Wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle from St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle. Join in the excitement of this historic moment as the Royal couple exchange vows.

10:00pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Procession
Annabel Crabb and Jeremy Fernandez are joined by Jennie Bond, Lisa Millar and James Glenday on location in Windsor for live coverage of the newlyweds’ carriage procession through the streets of Windsor.

South Australia, Northern Territory

7:30pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Countdown
8:30pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Arrivals
9:30pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Ceremony
10:30pm TBA

Western Australia

6:30pm ABC News
7:00pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Ceremony
8:00pm Royal Wedding: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Procession

ABC News Channel is currently listed 7:30 - 11:00pm TBA so will presumably provide simulcast of the eastern state coverage.

1 Like

News Corp reports a barrage of specials will air in the next three weeks in the lead-up to the big day. Strangely it does not mention the Lifetime Network telemovie on Seven.
The article also says Melissa Doyle and Michael Usher will host Seven’s coverage.

3 Likes

Now that would be a nice surprise.

5 Likes

Seven need to use more of Mel Doyle so that will be good.

5 Likes

Ten have some shitty CBS special it seems next Wednesday.

I am still perplexed as to why nine are the home of the royal wedding when every man and his dog are covering it.

1 Like

I believe “Official Royal Wedding station” is still available :wink:

2 Likes