Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal

I can only recognise Bill Collins, 2nd from left on that panel. Not sure who the others are.

And how’s the Coca Cola product placement…

6 Likes

With the message from Prime, was Poss on as usual??

A few negative tweets about the Good Friday Appeal telecast being dropped after 4.00 in favour of the Good Friday football game (even though it is promoted as a fundraiser for the Appeal)

1 Like

David Koch and Samantha Armytage hosting from 7.30pm.
Great opening performance from Tina Arena :clap:

4 Likes

Some caps of the start of the night show, with David and Samantha (not Kochie and Sam). No desk by the look of things…

8 Likes

Jackson Heywood who plays Brody on Home and Away, and - surprisingly - Claire Hooper (comedian and co-host of The Great Australian Bake Off on Foxtel).

Isabella Giovinazzo (Phoebe on H&A).

Peter Mitchell and Mel Doyle presenting now:

5 Likes

Jackson actually plays Brody.

1 Like

Now the panel has Nick McCallum and three of the Chasers (Anne Hegerty, Brydon Coverdale and Mark Labbett). Anne and Mark have flown in frm Britain to film new episodes of The Chase in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Why is that surprising?

1 Like

She has not appeared on other Channel Seven shows from my memory.

Maybe but they sometimes get some randoms who have a show in the Comedy Festival to plug :wink:

I have to say the “panels” they’ve had tonight have been pretty dull. I normally can’t stand Effie but she was the best thing so far tonight. No real energy or charisma from most of them. Lynne McGranger at least had some enthusiasm.

1 Like

Was she not on it last year?

I remember her from “Good News Week” years ago on Ch 10.

Loving all the historical stills and footage tonight from Seven’s 6 decades. Great work with analysis TV AU & for the caps Brad & Cynic :+1:

It should also be noted, this is the 83rd (I think) year of the Good Friday Appeal, but Seven have been heavily promoting the “60” instead for their milestone.

The laughs from the audience have died down since Pete and Mel took over. Hopefully some comedians coming up.

1 Like

Agree. Mitch isn’t probably the greatest at the live panel stuff.

Mel and Larry would have been better. Kylie/Larry combo even.

Effie was absolute gold!

2 Likes

Gotta say though, the conversations between Anne & Mark have been really natural and good, interesting. Possibly more atrractive to the older skewing demos, especially with Anne’s age.

I know a huge older demo & regional audience watch the RCH Good Fridal Appeal.

Glad to see them changing the panel… it’s been very flat for the last 30 minutes

Panel is now Lehmo, Arj Barker, Jordan Hare and JR Reyne from The Secret Daughter.

2 Likes

Do you get the ratings data on that?

But they call this the Good Friday Appeal Super Show… i don’t think the show is quite living up to the “Super” title. Some dull panels and in 2 and a half hours we’ve had a grand total of 2 performances. At least with some comedians now on that might lift the entertainment stakes a bit.

Makes me recall back to only a few years ago when they used to have the evening concert at the Arts Centre.