Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal

Hamish McLachlan and Luke Darcy hosting an all sports panel featuring Brendan Fevola who recently won I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

The Melbourne Channel 7 stream has had significant issues for the past few days. Most of the time it won’t load and when it does, it only works for around a minute before stopping.

1 Like

Eddy back for her second stint of the night, hosting a panel of comedians.

Jennifer Keyte hosted the final segment.

$17,445,624 raised this year. I think it is slightly higher than last year.

No Rebecca Maddern this year?

Due to other commitments I saw nothing of this year’s appeal. I reckon it’s the first time since the 1980s that I’ve completely missed an entire Good Friday telethon. Did I miss anything?

Not once :confused: (that I saw)

And those of us outside Vic couldn’t successfully steam it either…

Reports that she may be going to 9 may have had something to do with her absence on Good Friday

2 Likes

The line-up for this year’s gala concert was revealed yesterday. Performers include Tina Arena, Anthony Callea, Dami Im and Jon Stevens. Ticket cost $25 each and will be available through Ticketmaster from next week.
A big addition this year is the twilight AFL match between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium. $5 from each ticket sold will be donated to the Good Friday Appeal. The AFL and the two clubs will also have additional fundraising activities to be revealed closer to match day.

2 Likes

I’m guessing Seven will have the Appeal on the main channel and Footy on 7Mate?

Will it appear on Two/mate/flix or do we have to stream?

Probably live stream. We won’t find out until the first week of April when the Good Friday TV schedule appears in TV Week.

I was thinking possibly the other way round, since the AFL seems to be the #1 priority for Seven in Melbourne ahead of absolutely everything except the Olympics (and probably also the Commonwealth Games come April next year).

1 Like

I believe it will be integrated with the AFL telecast, with crosses to the tally room during the half time break, and on-screen donation details scrolling during the game.

3 Likes

I would hazard a guess that the footy will be broadcast on the main 7 channel and the GFA on 7mate. They will probably have frequent crosses to the Appeal updating things during the AFL quarter breaks.

2 Likes

So Is the Prime Possum coming back this year?

Good Friday schedule for Melbourne

09:00 AM 2017 Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal

12:00 PM Seven News Special: Good Friday Edition

12:30 PM 2017 Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal

04:00 PM AFL: NM v WB Good Friday Appeal

07:00 PM Seven News

07:30 PM Special Event: The Good Friday Appeal Super Show

Note: Good Friday Appeal is not scheduled for multichannels during the AFL.

4 Likes

The AFL match will surely have all the appeal info going on throughout anyway, and will probably attract a big audience.

5 Likes

I assume no live streaming of the appeal while the AFL is on TV either?
This year’s charity house at Mount Duneed (south of Geelong) will feature on Better Homes and Gardens this Friday. I think this is the first time any GFA event is promoted nationally.

1 Like