Regional Radio (non-SCA)

I believe Rowie has retired. An absolute professional with a loyal following. Like wise for his radio station.

Yes, Darragh is Irish. Very strong accent. He has come from the Mandurah wedding DJ scene.

3 Likes

I have been enjoying Wave 91.7 recently. The mix is spot on. Very similar to ā€˜Forever Classicā€™ XL/GN/GG over east but with the addition of some modern songs that fit the ā€˜vibeā€™.

8 Likes

With XL/GN now on FM, the addition of some modern songs that fit the ā€˜vibeā€™ would be something that they should do too. Iā€™m also hoping 3GG can convert to FM in the not too distant future too.

4 Likes

Canā€™t think of many modern songs that would?

The risk is that it would be a pretty narrow selection to the extent that youā€™d hear them too often?

3 Likes

Iā€™m being liberal with my definition of ā€˜modernā€™ which is anything post-2000. Michael Grayā€™s ā€˜The Weekendā€™ is one example; I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard that on XL/GN. ā€˜Happyā€™ by Pharrell Williams is another (though Iā€™d prefer the Weird Al version ā€˜Tackyā€™).

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had a bit of a listen to Flow FM whilst in South Australia the last couple of days.

Gosh its an odd mix of contentā€¦ this morning there was a segment on regional SA football for about 15 minutes and I also heard a mix of popular, country and Christian music.

I know itā€™s a solus station, but would sound a lot better if they just stuck to ā€œ80s to nowā€ popular music for its music selection.

On the other hand, the music on community radio 5TCB Bordertown was sounding much more like what I think Flow should play.

6 Likes

They have about as much Flow as the Murray River after the next El NiƱo and positive IOD.

7 Likes
4 Likes

A sad day for radio. Great for Rod to program some better resourced stations in his final conventional radio job than try to wring out wins from ever shrinking resources at his group programming role at SCA prior to this appointment.

The legacy of John Williams, Glenn Wheatley and the EON board continued with Rod leading the staff at Mix & Sea Sunshine Coast.

5 Likes

Anything to do with Becks (who was also the 91.9 SeaFM CD) recently wrapping up on the drive show?

4 Likes

You can join the dots and see what conclusions can be drawn.

5 Likes

I came here looking to see why Becks left when I heard a promo on the radio and it was Elly and some other guy! When did this happen? Bit of a lose for local radio

1 Like

I believe it happened about 2-3 months ago.

Becksā€™ replacement is ā€˜Tazā€™ iirc? He has been at the station for a little while (Workday announcer I think).

2 Likes

Any reason why he left?

2 Likes

Taz Eriksen. Sounds like a good pairing, less feigned friction with Elly than with Becks. It was like a poor 90ā€™s breakfast show where the male and female would pretend to dislike other for ā€œentertainmentā€.

Whatā€™s happening with their breakfast show, who is leaving there? A position was advertised.

4 Likes

Seamus Evans used to cohost it. Unsure where heā€™s gone and why heā€™s left.

3 Likes

Seamus Didnā€™t last long! Surprised they didnā€™t find a replacement.

2 Likes

They seem to be on the hunt for a cohost.

https://radioinfo.com.au/jobs/91-9-sea-fm-breakfast-announcer/?

2 Likes

This was posted on Facebook at around 2:30pm AEDT.

Itā€™s still off-air as of just before 5pm AEDT.

5:50pm UPDATE: Itā€™s back on-air, but the audio is cutting in & out, and is running on a loop.

7:30pm UPDATE:

7 Likes

Mix 92.7 are in the middle of a countdown.

4 Likes