Regional Radio (non-SCA)

Its recorded from Acacia Gardens on my SDR, the audio levels on air are very low hence why the audio blends in well with the background hiss.

5 Likes

I have noticed this for quite a while now, and mentioned this in a post several weeks ago.
It is at it’s worse if the pitch of the song fluctuates loud / Soft. The dampening is basically cutting out the audio when this happens.

I was up the Blue Mountains yesterday and it was doing it at Wentworth Falls in areas of high signal strength. Definitely not a signal strength issue, most likely faulty equipment again.

@RFBurns can you please bring it to the attention of the tech as it looks like the same fault has reoccurred again?

6 Likes

The fact that the fault keeps reoccurring seems to suggest not many other people listen to Move on 99.5… I wonder if Blue Mountains locals even know it exists.

6 Likes

Even the tech who manages Move / 2LT said that 99.5 Move fm has very few listeners. 101.1 2LT has more listeners because of the relay of 2GB programming, and the poor signal of 873 2GB in the upper mountains.

I think Mid West Radio rely on dxers to advise them if there is a problem with 99.5 because there is so few listeners.

5 Likes

The shops that I have been in in the Mountains that have had a radio on have been tuned to Sydney fm stations, Smooth, WS etc.

4 Likes

That sounds very logical. I’m also guessing that 101.1 doesn’t have the same issues as 99.5, or at least it’s not as noticeable since it doesn’t play a lot of music.

2 Likes

Never heard an audio dampening issue on 2LT, however it does sound like it is at lower bit rate then 99.5, I could be wrong.

4 Likes

… current General Sales Manager, Simon Rub, has been promoted to fill the shoes.

Williams has led the Sunshine Coast stations for almost 17 years, dedicating himself to the business community and playing an active role in the region for the duration.

3 Likes

Wondered why my shares in SCA went up, this would explain it

5 Likes

Coast FM Mandurah has a new logo

FB_IMG_1690082935367

That t looks seriously familiar.

5 Likes

Ahh yes, the Microgramma font. How it refuses to die is beyond me.

3 Likes

Mix are more worried about Sunshine FM within the central and southern parts of their market. They even have an online only station promoed once an hour at least to block it.

2 Likes

Thanks @RFBurns for seeing this through as much as you could.

3 Likes

Loved reading all this @radiolurker , fascinating indeed. So typical of such an organisation.

1 Like

That online station is Mix FM Light, with their positioning statement being “Your easy listening, timeless hits”.

If only Sunshine Coast have DAB+ available, it would be a decent addition to the local airwaves. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That one is on Radio Garden too, as ‘Mix FM Light’.

Oh snap. Yet again @TV-Expert beats me!

1 Like

Sounds like toothless seals. Awful.

2 Likes

Had a listen to 99.5 tonight.
Gosh this audio damping is worse than ever. I’m feeling nauseous listening.
Who could listen to this for more than 5 minutes?

4 Likes

Tomorrow is the last day behind the mic for Peter Rowe, Wave Mandurah afternoon DJ. Peter has just returned from long service leave (plus used a few sick days) before he made the announcement.

Darragh O’Dea, who did long service leave cover for Peter, looks like he now has the permanent position.

3 Likes

Decent station, afforded a goodbye.

Is he unwell? Is Darragh an Irishman?

2 Likes