Regional Radio (non-SCA)

I am hearing that Nick Bennett is the new GM for Mid-West Radio (MoveFM & 2LT).

I hope with the power of GM and his history in broadcasting that we may see some productive changes to these two stations.

4 Likes

Grey Balls!!!

8 Likes

Going Bald?

As that’s what most of their target audience is doing…

5 Likes

Has anybody noticed that Juelz on 91.9 SeaFM Love to stick the folks up in nearly every picture on their facebook?

I personally think its a bit naff… im surprised that Rod Bryce hasnt pulled her up on it TBH

thoughts?

2 Likes

I don’t see the issue with it. I am not sure why would management would take exception to it?

4 Likes

Maybe she’s giving peace a chance. That’s all we are saying.

1 Like

That spending the time to go through someone’s profile to compile that montage is creepy?

10 Likes

Would anyone like to guess what will happen to the Capital Radio Network when the Blyton dynasty ends (death, misadventure, or else)? Will we see Forever Classic morph into ‘Cooma and the Snowies Triple M 96.1’ , and Eagle take flight to the Southern Tablelands’ (s)hit 93.5?

2 Likes

Unless SCA were to sell its TV licence (CTC), that won’t happen due to the “Number of Voices” rule, where in both Cooma & Goulburn, the number of voices is at a minimum of 4 (Capital, Seven, WIN, SCA).

Unless Seven & ARN were to merge (as has been rumoured recently), I could see ARN acquiring Capital’s Cooma & Goulburn stations, as well as 3GG Warragul. As for 2CA/2CC Canberra + 6iX Perth, perhaps ACE Radio could acquire them.

4 Likes

I always forget about TV; I’m no fan of FTA :wink:

Definitely ARN would be the more likely suitor, then. I’m guessing the heritage calls and brands would likely remain in this case, as with the former Grant stations.

1 Like

That’s true. However, if ARN were to acquire XLFM/Snow FM Cooma & GNFM/Eagle FM Goulburn, they’ll probably just take the same log as heard on the other ARN Regional stations, ie. XL/GN taking the same log as 2ST/2EC, whilst Snow/Eagle take the same log as Power/Wave.

That means that there would be little to no incentive to listen to GNFM & Eagle FM whilst in the Southern Highlands as an alternative to the local 2ST & Power FM if that were to happen.

5 Likes

Given SCA’s track record of rebranding heritage stations, I’d say they’d likely prefer to sell to ACE, BOG or ARN simply so they can keep their heritage callsigns.

Although by that stage who knows what ARN’s regional strategy would become.

1 Like

It’s not that hard to predict. Buy shit. Further homogenise content and keep local content to the bare minimum required by the ACMA. That is profit and progress I’m afraid.

3 Likes

They’ll sell to whoever offers the most money.

2 Likes

Is Goulburn really ready for SEN? :rofl:

3 Likes

I am surprised that SEN (Sport) isn’t in Canberra. It’s annoying because I can’t get any local radio coverage of the India test matches.

2 Likes

Is there SEN track in Canberra?

1 Like

Yes, on 1323AM.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why Flow FM still doesn’t stream? They still invoke the APRA/PPCA decision from eons ago when you go to this page:

https://www.flowfm.com.au/listen

The invitation to ‘check back soon’ is an empty suit…there are more cobwebs on this webpage than in my garage.

6 Likes

Penny Pinchers maybe?

Same reason why BOG stations mostly don’t stream I guess.

5 Likes