Regional Radio (non-SCA)

Interesting to note the similarity between that website and the ACE Radio websites. They’ve obviously been created by the same developer.
The local content grid (found on the contact page) is the exact same format as well.
On the Codes of Conduct page, the email listed is the ACE Radio complaints email - I’m guessing that’s a mistake though as the link to download the codes doesn’t work.
The website is also hosted in the same place as the ACE websites.

I wonder what the nature of the relationship between North East Broadcasters and ACE Radio is. Does anyone know?
Could some management and admin functions have been outsourced to ACE?

2 Likes

I have been thinking the same thing mate

Take this as you will, but Ash Long’s Melbourne Observer suggested that ACE made a bit for 3NE Wangaratta & 2QN Deniliquin back in 2015 to the sum of $12 mil, which was rejected. More here.

4 Likes

2QN and the 2 Edge web sites are up and running. There was talk of a music format change and different programming, but going by The Edge web pages I don’t like my chances.

Its definitely not worth $17 mil at its current state. Personally I would of been happy with the $12 mil offer, with the state the stations are in.

I think the biggest problem is that the current owners (Robertson Family) are to tight to build their radio stations up to a $17 mil company, as you can tell by listening to their FM stations.

1 Like

Spirit’s website also has a full playlist page, which can be seen here: http://www.spiritradio.com.au/listen/

Their positioner is “Classic Rock & Today’s Hits”, and from briefly looking at the playlist on the link above, it’s not hard to see that it has a favourable rock skew to it. In the Bunbury market, it’s a good alternative to Triple M’s “Classic Hits” format, so they have a pretty good selection of adult commercial music stations there, both of which are on the AM band. Both Spirit & Triple M in Bunbury should convert to FM, given that analogue TV services on VHF 3 & 5 have switched off, but are not eligible for a AM-FM conversion, given that it’s not a solus market (Mandurah is eligible, meaning that 6MM can convert to FM).

I think that Spirit Radio would probably be the best adult commercial music station in all of WA. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: I could not agree more there mate :grinning:…How long have they been doing that format for?

1 Like

Spirit’s sister station, Red FM, targets a younger audience & also has a fairly rock skew to its music format, as you can see on their playlist here: http://www.redfm.com.au/listen/

2 Likes

For a CHR station, I think Red FM would probably be one of the best CHR station( music wise) in Australia :slight_smile:

The Spirit format would work very well on The Edge :grinning:

2 Likes

Interesting question … which Remote area duopoly would you prefer to have to listen to:

• Rebel FM And Breeze FM
  • Red FM and The Spirit

0 voters

1 Like

I think they had a revamp at the start of the month.

1 Like

What basis is there for the comment that 6BAY on AM 1512 is to convert to FM?

The whole idea of the AM 1512 service is to cover an area that used to receive the AM service from Geraldton but lost signal when it converted to FM. Most of the coverage is outside of the licence area but the ABA at the time saw the sensible reasoning to return local radio to this area.

Page 21 at the link below has the section about Spirit Radio being assigned 104.7 in Morawa.

http://acma.gov.au/~/media/Broadcast%20Carriage%20Policy/Issue%20for%20comment/27%202016/Consultation%20paper_Draft%20variation%20to%20LAPs_IFC%2027-2016%20docx.docx#_Toc465938383

1 Like

B-Rock FM’s breakfast host & Content/Music Director Benny Hope has finished up full-time with the station, in which he has accepted a role with the NSW Government. He was presenting breakfast for 7 years, and will remain as weekend announcer & continue to produce the station’s Most Wanted Countdown.

Daniel King will take up breakfast, moving from his afternoon slot, whilst Dominic Ingersole will assume his role as Music Director.

Source: Radioinfo

I just heard an ad on C91.3 Campbelltown for “Australian Ninja Warrior” on Channel Nine.

I was a little bit surprised that C91.3 would carry advertising from Nine, given they are still owned by WIN after the falling out they had with Nine re the TV affiliation agreement last year.

1 Like

C91.3’s hourly news is still sponsored by Nine News, with Peter Overton going “Hi, I’m Peter Overton. Join me for Nine News, weeknights at 6”.

Slightly off-topic, Nine sponsors a lot of local events in the Macarthur region, including the annual Fishers Ghost festival, which is a popular annual event held in Campbelltown during October/November.

2 Likes

I’m Sure their more than happy to take Money from Nine Ent co for a few radio spots :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suppose it isn’t any different to Stan advertising on Seven and Ten and presumably WIN.

92.7 Mix FM on the Sunshine Coast is doing “80s August” this month.

Source: 92.7 Mix FM website

2 Likes

Appears from this Facebook post that the Queensland Resonate stations now carry NRL coverage from MMM, rather than 2GB.

1 Like