Rebel Media

They are launching it officially now as it’s now on its own ‘Wide Bay’ feed, so won’t be sharing the feed with the Biloela station. It was odd hearing Biloela ads in Wide Bay.

I don’t think Rebel is “localised” yet to Wide Bay, so that’s why they are making the distinction.

Fantastic news for the area and I can report first hand that reception is great across Maryborough, Bundaberg and Hervey Bay. I’ve got relatives up that way who are already glued to it - they hate Triple M (and 4BU by the way) sooo much LOL.

4 Likes

There was some enhancement from Wide Bay this morning. Checking out Breeze commercials and I heard plenty from Maryborough and Bundaberg. Also Monto.

4 Likes

Any from Childers or Hervey Bay?

2 Likes

Yes - Southern Diffs and Fairytale Endings both Childers

Monto were Monto Types and a Floor company

3 Likes

Monto has its own Breeze on 100.5; I’ve received it a few times down here via skip. I am assuming they would take the Wide Bay feed as well.

2 Likes

Sounds like they do now.

1 Like

How can Breeze 92.1 claim to be a Logan station they don’t even have a transmitter site here. They are a Beaudesert station transmitting from Mt Tamborine

Breeze 92.1’s (& Rebel 90.5’s) transmitter is actually located at Mt Dunsinane, approx 8km NE of Beaudesert. The Mt Tamborine transmitter is for its 100.6 (& Rebel 99.4) Gold Coast service.

3 Likes

Because parts of Logan fall within their licence area.

Anyway what’s the problem, Breeze is the best station of its type around, so they can broadcast wherever they like as far as I’m concerned. Very happy to have reception where I am in Morningside.

4 Likes

It’s a fairly good outlook from Mt. Dunsinane- it’s a bit of a ‘peak alone’ in that area, which explains the good coverage into Brisbane.

You guys are lucky to have Breeze and Rebel as listening options. Community radio does play rarer stuff again but of course it’s hit and miss; nice to have quality FM stations you can switch on at any time.

6 Likes

It is good into Brisbane. My home stereo is plugged into the apartment building’s external aerial and I get flawless reception of Breeze and Rebel (and River) at home in the inner eastern suburbs. Both are great in the car (with RDS) across Brisbane.

6 Likes

I’ve been listening online to Breeze Wide Bay and it’s great to hear the local ads and weather on 102.5. It’s sounding great.

The vast majority of advertising seems to be from Bundaberg, then Childers and Monto.

I’ve heard a few ads from Hervey Bay but nothing from Maryborough as yet.

Memo to Rebel Media though, the Hervey Bay suburb of Pialba is pronounced PIE-alba, not PEE-alba :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice looking website and localised logos too!

2 Likes

I’ve been in Hervey Bay over the last 5 days, Breeze and Rebel booms in like they are a local radio station. I went into a local coffee shop and they had the Breeze playing.

3 Likes

Great to hear. Isn’t it funny how quick cafes and shops pick up the Breeze as soon as it goes to air. Same thing in Brisbane with Smooth DAB.

Why don’t some of the big players realise this format is popular?

5 Likes

I remember back in 2007, on the Gold Coast, when Breeze 100.6 started testing, taxi drivers were listening to it, it was a popular alternative to the other stations.

4 Likes

Taxi drivers are a rare commodity on the GC now. Most of the population there use Ubers. How times have changed.

3 Likes

I was in Hervey Bay the last few days. Rebel is an interesting listen. Lots of adds I noticed. the breeze will take off I reckon. Only competition is HIT and MMM

4 Likes

I agree. Great music, but too many adds. They will only play two or three songs and have adds, which is quite annoying. This was actually a turn off for me. The Breeze didn’t seem as bad. I found myself listening mostly to Triple M and The Breeze.

1 Like

No love for Fraser Coast FM? :joy:

2 Likes