Random TV History

Forget helicopters, what about the speed boats :speedboat:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. A pity that Seven’s chopper couldn’t/didn’t get the VH-BTQ registration. VH-BTV makes it sound like it belongs to a regional Victorian station.

1 Like

There’s lots of examples but here’s one with helicopter, boat and 4WD

1 Like

I can’t post this info in the September 11, 2001 thread as that is locked.
But I reached out to Channel 7 in Melbourne to ask if they had footage in their library of the Talking Footy episode that had began at 10.40pm that night and was interrupted by the breaking news (and as such never shown since), and I interpreted their response to me as they do not have that footage at all in their library.

3 Likes

Would you by any chance have the full episode of the Weakest Link sports special that aired two days before the AFL Grand Final that year?

I know you posted the final moments when Rodney Howe won in sudden death on YouTube.

1 Like

I do not

2 Likes

Damn, no one has a recording? Was it live or pre-recorded?

Update: I may have come across Ch7s initial broadcast interruption of Sept 11. Will know more in a week.
I dont believe that footage exists online anywhere right? (Ch10s does, ABC’s does …)

5 Likes
4 Likes

Okay another update.

I can confirm we have found the Ch7 Adelaide transmission of Sept 11, 2001 that breaks into an episode of Talking Footy with Nat Barr breaking news.

All going well I will have it digitised in a week or so and I’ll put it up on my YT, and then post link here (that link will then need to be moved into the locked Historic Events thread)

12 Likes

Bring back Humfrey B Bear.

1 Like

Repeats of Here’s Humphrey used to be seen on Perth’s community station West TV back in September 2013.

2 Likes

i didn’t click on the link but i thought the B stood for Bear?

1 Like

It’s Humphrey B. Bear - Humphrey Bear Bear

3 Likes

WTV aired all sorts of weird programming like Disney movies, whether or not they legally aired them is another question - and they went off-air since then.

2 Likes

When did channel 9 stop airing the show?

Was it 2005?

1 Like
2 Likes

Such an iconic Character.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a reboot, as most Millennial Parents would love to show Humphrey to their kids.

I’m assuming the current ownership might be a tad difficult.

6 Likes

After 22 years we finally found the first 97 mins of Ch7’s Sept 11 2001 coverage.
Not even Ch7 have it in their vault.
Now posted over on the September 11 thread in TV History.

Can someone add this video to the LostMedia thread on Reddit, as it doesnt let me do that

7 Likes

Given that Thank God You’re Here 2.0 is flavour of the month right now, here’s a look back to a TV Week article from September 2007 around the original:

The article here says it aired Tuesday nights at 7.30pm, but in the actual listings it is shown as Wednesday nights (same as now).

4 Likes