Random TV History

I think it was under Bond when Nine offloaded STW to Sunraysia Television due to exceeding ownership limits, but picked up STV8 in exchange, which it then sold off pretty quickly to ENT (BTV/GMV) with handover by January 1990 and STV8 transitioned affiliation from Southern Cross to VIC TV (now WIN)

3 Likes

Rings bells, brings back memories of Eva Presser.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overseas TV History

Imparja closedown, apparently from 2002. Shows the program guide for the rest of the week.

I like they have listed AFL Finals: NZ Warriors v Canberra Raiders! Also the use of 24-hour time.

Not sure why the Wed morning schedule shows in dark black text.

7 Likes

Came across this while using Google.
The original cast of Full Frontal.

5 Likes

It’s worth noting that during Full Frontal’s first season, each episode had two or three Fast Forward cast members billed as “guest stars”, hence why there’s so many of them in this photo.

(P.S. I can name 18 out of the 20 without Googling)

3 Likes

:joy: how do you muck that up! :joy:

2 Likes

Goliath from The Chase Australia in the back row second from left :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t think you’ll see a full time cast of 20 on a tv show just aired in Australia again. Cast costs, sets and studios are expensive.

4 Likes

You’ve done well! I could only name about half.

1 Like

Some of us still remember when he was an Empty Pocket.

4 Likes

I just had another look and identified another one (Glenn Butcher, in the top row second from the right) so that’s 18.

The only ones I don’t know are:

• The one in the middle row second from the right
  • The one on the left in the bottom row
1 Like

So was Barrie a permanent host for the program? :thinking: I assumed that Paul Bongiorno succeeded David Johnston when he moved to HSV in the mid 1990s

I’m fairly certain Cassidy hosted for a few years after DJ who continued as Ten reading the news before Cassidy returns to the ABC.

3 Likes

This is due to the 2001 cabinet papers that has been released today.

2 Likes

So discussion of the OC in the Classic TV Listings made me go and see if I could prove a random memory I had - that Nine used black and white a bit in their promos for it - which in turn made me think the show was nothing like it actually is.

I didn’t find any Nine era promos for it, but did see this one - a Southern Cross Tasmania promo for it. Obviously only the end card is different, but you don’t see much tiger-logo SC.

3 Likes

Found this piece of history while cleaning around the house! Published 1993
In mint condition as well. Just the paper edges of the outside are a little bit worn.

6 Likes

Is it a poster, or what is it?

Looks like a book. You can see the hardcover peaking through the dust jacket.

2 Likes

It’s a book

3 Likes