Random TV History

It’s also seen in this video.

YouTube: Orhan Amin.

2 Likes

Part 1 of the AFHV 10th Anniversary Special, aired in 1999.

YouTube: 8BigKids

3 Likes

NWS-9 Summer 1979/80 IDs and news opener.

YouTube: MyLabLabradors.

5 Likes

It was also used by Hong Kong network Asia Television as the theme of its finance report from around 1993 to 2007.

3 Likes

does anyone have the ratings for 15th September 2000? I assume 7 won, but i’d be interested in seeing the actual figures

1 Like

I think this (extracted from a post I did for last year’s 20th anniversary) should give you a fairly reasonable idea of how high Australian TV ratings were for the Sydney Olympics Opening Ceremony:

Don’t know about individual market breakdowns outside Sydney & Melbourne, but it’d be reasonable to presume the Opening/Closing Ceremonies have gone down in history as some of the most watched TV events of all time in every market of Australia.

4 Likes

thanks. just as i expected. 9 and 10 may as well have shut down the transmitters

1 Like

Who’d be watching anything other than the opening and closing ceremonies? :laughing:

7 Likes

A small minority of people totally against the idea of Sydney holding the 2000 Olympics in the first place?

2 Likes

Fans of Farscape.

3 Likes

News News News was also used in Ireland…it was the theme for RTE’s Irish-language news.

3 Likes

Tonight’s top 10 show very late on Nine was TV hosts with some great archival footage.

6 Likes

Why am I not surprised that most of them are Channel Nine personalities?

3 Likes

Well, who would you like it to be? Me? :stuck_out_tongue:

because this special featured film from the Channel Nine archives!

In that case, it should be called “Australia’s Top 10 Channel Nine TV Hosts” not just “Australia’s Top 10 TV Hosts”!

If it was a fair dinkum one, you’d think Rove McManus or Waleed Aly should be in the list ahead of Paul Hogan.

1 Like

Where’s Ray Dinneen in that? Technically he is Channel 9. :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

He’s more of a newsreader than a “host” anyway.

You do know I am being an funny bugger, right? I am flooded in and you lot are going to be my virtual standup audience. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes ECC, I could see it as your “attempt” at humour :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: