Random Thread

Thanks for clearing that up. People were freaking out. :wink:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is never going to happen.

Would it be great if Australian television (and radio for that matter) was far more local than it is now? Absolutely. Is it financially viable for the industry, especially in this day and age? Probably not.

Besides, we’re living in an ever interconnected world. Aside from things like the local news, though the power of the internet and social media television has become a national talking point, to some extent even a global one.

2 Likes

He asked the question. I’m just stating the bleeding obvious in the typical style you’ve come to expect. :rofl:

And now…something completely different…

6 Likes

Alright then, let’s say there was no COVID or money issues from the last 9 months, what would you say then??

Probably exactly the same thing.

1 Like

I do like to dream you know.

“no money issues” is not realistic, regardless of COVID or not. There will always be financial consquences, in the world of smartphones, YouTube and where anyone can make a website, it’s not like the TV industry has been hurting overnight due to COVID, the internet has been taking TV’s money share for years now…

2 Likes

I meant no money issues from 9 months onwards to today (to go back in time)

my point still stands.
Financially, Internet > TV, it has been like this 9 months ago, man.

I’m I allowed to dream?

Exactly. While they may have been doing slightly better about 12 months ago than they are at the moment, things were hardly sunshine and roses in the TV industry (and infact the economy as a whole, but that’s another story) before the drought, bushfires and pandemic.

Infact the media industry has been on the decline for many years, if not decades now.

1 Like

I guess if Joe Hildebrand leaves Studio 10, heads back full-time to The Daily Telegraph and winds up with his own show on News Corp’s Sky News that he probably won’t have Mark Latham as a regular guest.

PS. I’m still blocked by Hildebrand but he’s too daft to know that anyone can read and react to posts made by unlocked accounts.

1 Like

How Docklands/Melbourne looked in 2003 v 2020

I like seeing this kind of stuff. Seeing where everything is now compared to what it looked like in the past. It’s amazing to see how much Melbourne has grown in 17 years.

12 Likes

Mark Latham is as compassionate as usual.

1 Like

Amazing that part of the city, so close to the CBD was baron for so long.

3 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This is how MediaSpy visitors dance…and don’t lie! :laughing:

2 Likes

Freaky and sad.
1 Like

Hmmm…electric meat

1 Like

I remember when the news of this leaked video hit. It’s like it was only yesterday…

4 Likes