Random Thread

And conversely he probably had media skills prior to being the face of Demtel to help get that job.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Alan Jones enjoying his semi-retirement.

1 Like

how polite of the Daily Mail to say protege instead of sugar baby😅

4 Likes

Future 2GB breakfast host :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m sorry if people feel hurt by mentioning that particular members have been rather snarky in response to my commentary about Nine News Sydney. I wouldn’t even disagree that I can be repetitive at times but at the same time, I actually want to have a discussion about all the questionable decisions made by our news services (and indeed, media organisations as a whole) in recent years.

While I probably focus the most attention on Nine News Sydney largely because they’ve been the most watched news service in this city for most of the last decade, I’ve also frequently criticised Seven News Sydney and 10 News First (and what seems like 20 previous incarnations over the last decade - will these guys ever pick a name/format and stick with it for an extended period of time?!) in the past.

The ABC & SBS probably receive less attention because for the most part, they focus on the job of journalism and producing decent content. While an element which largely takes a back seat at both public broadcasters, I personally think the current branding (of both the news services and the channels as a whole) is probably the best they’ve ever had
more visually appealing than anything across the Seven, Nine or Ten Networks at the moment IMO anyway.

Although this has long been the case to some extent, I’m growing increasingly frustrated with an industry where quality talent and content often gets unnoticed, while questionable talent get some of the highest profile positions and dodgy shows are amongst some of our most watched/listened to. I suspect there are people in the Australian media industry who’d largely agree with me but quite understandably, wouldn’t ever say anything publicly due to the fear of repercussions to their employment and livelihoods if they were to speak up.

Having said that, I’m still quite interested in the happenings of the media
which is why I regularly chat about it here and elsewhere online. Hopefully in some small way, it’s an interest which has helped me better understand different local media markets around Australia (many of which I’ve never visited before and with current restrictions, am unlikely to visit for some time) and their demographical dynamics.

7 Likes

Screenshot_20200607-115741~2

8 Likes

I think after today’s spot on Fox FM breakfast, @Leo_Puglisi6 has moved up the Media Profile Trajectory Ladder:

The big question now is when will one of our major media organisations sign him up for something! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You bloody legend @SydneyCityTV!

2 Likes

Who are the second, fifth and sixth people?

I knew this was going to come up at some stage, but

*Adam Densten & Symon Lovett are the former Goggleboxers turned Fox Footy presenters - I believe they currently host a show called “Premierships and Footy Trips” on that channel.
*Ruth & Thomas are that couple of Aspies from Brisbane who featured in a 2016 Lateline report, before reappearing on ABC-TV late last year for Love On The Spectrum.
*Sarah Moran is the CEO of Girl Geek Academy who was on the short-lived Gogglebox spinoff Common Sense in 2017. Last I saw her on TV was on Scope of all programs!

2 Likes

I mean, you do post frequently with an air of vagueness along with some rather obscure facts, it’s inevitable that not everyone will get your “jokes”.

3 Likes

Despite knowing a fair bit of obscure media trivia, I’m pretty sure @TV-Expert would still beat me if the two of us ever came head to head in a quiz about it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good advice :grin:

4 Likes

Who says it is?

Well a lot of people right now - have you seen this?

2 Likes

No I hadn’t. Oh my. What next?

It’s not a poll topic, it’s actually used as one. As a budding journo you need to be able to decipher the difference between facts and opinion.

3 Likes

And, of course, the use of “appears to” in the headline is the same weasel wording as “alleged” to avoid a defo suit

For the uninitiated: