Random Thread

Bit of an investment, but I do recommend getting Elgato Video Capture (both hardware and software). The software can easily trim video. https://www.elgato.com/en/video-capture

1 Like

If you have a Mac use iMovie its built in / pre installed
Windows is movie maker still a thing?

1 Like
3 Likes

not really - theyā€™ve discontinued that and its no longer built in

3 Likes

Sorry, forgot to mention - PC now, got rid of my Mac which had the EyeTV which was great.

There are ways to still get the Windows Movie Maker but I was hoping someone might know one off the top of their heads to work with.

2 Likes

Holy hell, they arenā€™t releasing a stamp with a bloody great big ABC watermark on the talentā€™s forehead are they?!

6 Likes

Alright, Iā€™ve found some free software which I had been trying but hadnā€™t been doing my audio - I found my issue was with the source file I was using so I had to transcode it again with Handbrake to a constant frame rate which fixed my audio.

Anyway, hereā€™s a video which Iā€™ve just put up in the 7 News Tas thread - https://youtu.be/e_d7IMZ9wgc

Hereā€™s the software I used - DaVinci Resolve - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve so hopefully Iā€™ll be able to finally work through the VHS tapes soon!

2 Likes

The actual stamp doesnā€™t have that watermark.

7 Likes

OBS is pretty good as a capture facility as well. Iā€™ve been using it for my tape captures, and I like it because I can set it and forget it (thereā€™s a record timer which stops after X number of hours).

You may need to be a bit technical with it, but itā€™s the perfect capture software IMO.

2 Likes

@SydneyCityTV FYI, Brian Wilshire is still around and is a regular answer contributor on Quora, and commenter on various websites.

https://disqus.com/by/brian_wilshire/comments/

Not surprisingly, he hasnā€™t changed! A comment I saw:

1 Like

Very interesting reading from those links.

Although Iā€™ve had online interactions with many and have even been fortunate enough to meet a select few in real life, thereā€™s still plenty of people currently/previously in the media landscape who Iā€™d like to catch up with in some form or another, at some point in the future. Think of it this way: While Iā€™ve learned many things about the media over the years, at the same time there are still questions I hope to one day hear an answer for and therefore, enhance my interest in the media! :slight_smile:

Due to his rather conspiratorial side, Brian Wilshire probably wouldnā€™t be massively high up on the list of people from the media Iā€™d love to have a chat with. Mind you Iā€™d probably tolerate an interaction with Wilshire somewhat more than one with any of Alan Jones, Ray Hadley, Andrew Bolt, Piers Akerman, Miranda Devine and/or Annette Sharp.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™d just like to address what went down in the Tongue-in-Cheek Mocks thread earlier today.

I made a Tweet regarding R*BLOX News - I asked one of the ā€œTV stationsā€ about it.
A user who was not involved in that began to harass me and 6 News.

Several others threatened to fight me, knock my teeth out and worse.

They then went onto my YouTube channel, one of the comments on a video called me a ā€œfa*got.ā€

When the tweet was deleted they began attacking me on other tweets or on their own page, one user even making a Media Spy account and replying there.

I would like to make it clear that I 100% respect the R*BLOX community, just not the small amount of trolls that are a part of it.

While I admit I could of handled myself in a better way at times, Iā€™m sure youā€™d agree with me that their responses were uncalled for.

I have apologised to one user who didnā€™t threaten me, and reported the others who did.

I hope this explains what happened.

Leo

5 Likes

Weā€™ve had problems with certain members of the ā€œR*BLOXā€ community on this forum in the past which is the reason why ro-blox was added to the banned words list and posts that refer to it are routinely deleted.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not saying their behaviour was acceptable but you made the tweet and yes it was a question but mightā€™ve came across as an attack calling them 8 year olds on iPads etc, which mightā€™ve encouraged the feud.

Anyway best bet is to ignore it or block.

I posted the videos in mocks because of the graphics. I think they might be older than 8 considering the attention of detail shown.

3 Likes

I totally understand your point @TV-QLD - as I said I do respect their community, and I only made the ā€œ8-year-oldsā€ remark AFTER one started attacking me.

2 Likes

I had no idea that Tim Shaw of Demtel fame was actually a journalistā€¦

2 Likes

A quick look online finds that Tim ā€œBut wait, thereā€™s more!ā€ Shaw is currently a member of the federal parliamentary press gallery + board member/director of the National Press Club.

5 Likes

w.t.f.

howā€™d he land that gig?!

Tim Shaw was a presenter on 2CC between January 2016 and August last year, so that mightā€™ve helped?

1 Like