Random Thread

Is there still a British equivalent to Media Spy?
And is there an American version?

1 Like

There was one that I used to visit called TVForums UK when I lived in the UK but not sure if it exists it used to through a lot rebirths.

Not sure if thereā€™s an American version though

2 Likes

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net has a lot of good US content. I donā€™t check it regularly anymore so canā€™t vouch for its current state, but I used to find it a pretty good resources for US based stuff.

2 Likes

Closest British equivlant would be either the Pres Cafe (https://pres.cafe/), or the Digital Spy forum (https://forums.digitalspy.com/)
ironic how close the name is for Digital Spy xD

3 Likes

Thanks dudes, good on yas!
The TV Room and TV Forum used to be great until they wrapped up.

2 Likes

Anyone else receiving Titanic/missing submarine TikToks?

2 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve seen a few.

2 Likes

I did an extra training session at the RSPCA today ,Iā€™m Level 1 so I can work with cats that donā€™t have behaviour issues or feral, I donā€™t mind cleaning out the cat condos and making sure they have plenty of food and water also check their litter boxes and clean out the yucky stuff,and have a play with them,cuddle them,etc
Iā€™ll still help out in the laundry room too

5 Likes

Iā€™m pleased that Iā€™ve finally found an activity I enjoy doing and Iā€™ve tried a few things. Iā€™m happy to work as a volunteer for the RSPCA for as long as Iā€™m able to,itā€™s better for me physically and mentally to have something to do ,if I need to sit down and rest for 5 minutes,when my lower back starts hurting,no one is going to go mad at me. Iā€™m ok so far with 4 hour shifts about 4 times a week.Iā€™ll work weekends too because they canā€™t get as many volunteers on weekends

4 Likes

Cate Blanchett onstage with UK band Sparks at Glastonbury Festival yesterday.

1 Like

Bit late to this post but thatā€™s so dodgy of your agent. The business gets some free labour and the agent will get money from the government for the placement. Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m in a different industry now, but I spent over 20 years working in hospitality and never had anyone work and unpaid trail. The only trials should be skills tests as part of the recruitment process. Massive reform needs to made to these job agencies, the majority would be a drain on tax payers more than those on measly benefits.

I hope the volunteering is working out, itā€™s so important to be doing something.

2 Likes

Yes it is,still enjoying doing volunteer work for the RSPCA
I wonā€™t be getting a job out of this ,I donā€™t mind because it was an unsuitable job for me anyway.
These so called job agencies are a joke

2 Likes

Can anyone recall a busier day than today in the sense of multiple newsrooms doing some form of refresh?

• Nine QLD new graphics
  • Seven Sydney set
  • BBC breakfast set + graphics updates
  • CNN graphics updates
6 Likes

yeahā€¦ today has been something - both full of excitementā€¦ and disappointment and frustration

cant remember last time multiple outlets relaunched on the same day tbh

3 Likes

I think the batteries are running low on the Alert symbol :rotating_light:

4 Likes

What the hell is this guyā€™s problem?! (friendlyjordies, not Drew)

https://twitter.com/DrewPavlou/status/1666972959662292992

I used to be a fan of his (and in the past Iā€™ve posted a few of his videos here) but he has turned into a serious crank. Loves Russia, loves China, sympathises with the Jan 6 riotersā€¦ yet (correctly) protests against corruption in Australia! What gives? In Jordies-land, dictatorships are clearly okay if they are anti-West. He apparently has recently spoken about ā€˜the Israel lobbyā€™ too. Heā€™s mates with that knuckle-dragger Russian ultra Simeon Boikov. And he has the nerve to complain about the ABC?! Awful man.

He spews so much drivel he could be concurrently left and right wing simultaneously.

3 Likes

Perhaps the horseshoe theory was right after all? I could see him going One Nation in a decade or so - or even full totalitarian communist. The man speaks out of both sides of his mouth, so itā€™s impossible to tell.

Iā€™m going to try to get approval from Centrelink to just do 30 hours per fortnight of volunteering for the RSPCA to count as my ā€œobligations ā€œ to receive their measly payment. Iā€™ve signed a form and someone from the volunteer office has also signed for me and Iā€™ll hand in the form to them before the weekend .Thereā€™s other volunteers there about my age who have done this too.
It feels good to be working for them and I can visit some cats too,thereā€™s one there I really want to adopt, :smiley_cat::paw_prints:
Iā€™ll have to ask permission first though

4 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll continue to say it - Shanks is just as dangerous as those on the right spouting absolute garbage on Sky. In fact, Iā€™d argue possibly more dangerous because heā€™s been able to attract an audience of younger people who seem to take every word he says as gospel.

He has almost singlehandedly increased the anti-Greens sentiment amongst Millenials and Gen Z through his whiny bullshit where itā€™s getting to the point that many are simply regurgitating FJ talking points without any consideration for what they actually represent.

2 Likes