Random Thread

Not true, media loves to stir shit up and many people don’t know the meaning of a true crisis.

good news re: my daughter. had her first course of chemo on Wednesday and it really knocked her about, but by friday she was back to herself and was released from hospital. we have weekly chemo but the prognosis is great

21 Likes

That’s great to hear. Hopefully your daughter can get over the cancer and get better.

3 Likes

Wonderful news, and thanks for letting us know. Please keep us informed, I’m sure we’re all wishing the best for her.

6 Likes
1 Like

I hope bank cheques are still going to be an option, they are a very safe way of buying and selling major items like cars.

1 Like

It’s safer if they transfer the money to your account. A cheque can be a dud.

2 Likes

Personal cheques can be, but bank cheques mean that the money has already been taken from the payer’s account, so it can’t bounce.

2 Likes

Millionaire Hot Seat will feature Eddie with the Fastest Finger First bank transfer.

8 Likes

There have been instances in recent years when scammers intercepted legitimate electronic transfers between accounts (usually when paying for a house or car), costing victims a large amount of money.

So bank cheque still has its merits.

2 Likes

Behave yourself this evening, some of us are having a beer at the footy

Go Swans

9 Likes

Keep an eye out for @ElCapitanCranky !!

3 Likes

I’m attending an orientation session at the RSPCA this weekend as I’ve applied to work there as a volunteer, no job offer as yet most employers don’t want anyone my age even though I’ve had 40 years experience working in manufacturing. I only apply for manufacturing jobs on SEEK as I’m not qualified for anything else :confused: and because Centrelink still expect me to apply for jobs to get their measly payment.

I’m still in good health and I have somewhere to live so it’s all good👍
Maybe I’ll do okay at the RSPCA,other options I’ve tried since I left my job in August last year haven’t worked out for me, I just have to find something I’ll enjoy doing even if it’s not paid work.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I enjoyed my orientation session at RSPCA Qld last weekend.I’m interested in working on the laundry first ,ie:collecting all the dirty animal bedding,towels,blankets etc and taking it back to the laundry to wash dry and put it away.
I also want to do an extra 2 hour training session there to work in the cat section eventually.
As my family or myself have never owned dogs I don’t have any experience with them I’m more used to being around cats and are familiar with their behaviour.

I’ve also been offered an unpaid trial as front of house in a food court restaurant at a major shopping centre,from my employment agency.They seem to think I can do this even though I’ve never worked in a position like this ,yes I’m a little nervous :worried:

2 Likes

Glad to hear she’s doing better and glad ther prognosis is great for her.

Will be praying for you and your family !

2 Likes

I knew today that I’d be no good at a front of house in a busy food court eatery,the owner of the business could see I was very nervous.She might have another chat to my consultant and suggest maybe I can work in the kitchen area.
I’m not sure this is the right job for me though,I still want to start working at the RSPCA later this week, even though I won’t be paid there

2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself . Was this your first day ? Hopefully maybe they can help build your self confidence ?

4 Likes

I’ve never worked in a job like this before.I’ll be more suited to working in the kitchen area helping out there.Maybe later on I’ll get my confidence back and be able to work on the counter taking orders if the shop isn’t too busy

3 Likes

I enjoyed my first day volunteering at the RSPCA today.I was working in the laundry ,eventually I want to work in the cat section.
It’s about 35 minutes by car(25 Kms) from home or I can catch 2 trains there if I don’t feel like driving.

5 Likes