Random Thread

easy. just write not a chance in hell 200 times :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Exactly what i would have said!

1 Like

Doesnā€™t count. :rofl:

1 Like

hey everyone iam back. i have just heard the sad news about MasterChef judge jock Zonfrillo in light of this. i thought I would say I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression. I am still here and am on tablets for it

7 Likes

Iā€™m at the stage where I have one good eye and the other one hasnā€™t been done yet ,that will be early tomorrow morning.To read something for now ,Kindle reader or phone screen I have to cover the eye thatā€™s already been done as I canā€™t read out of that eyeā€¦Iā€™ll buy a cheap pair of reading glasses from a chemist. I think they want me to wait about a month for my eyes to adjust before I get a new pair of prescription glasses for reading . I had to buy a cheap pair of sunglasses as my eyes are very sensitive to sunlight.
I already been to my first post op appointment and they said it went well

3 Likes

Thereā€™s often a huge stigma about medications for things but they are the best things so glad to hear youā€™ve got a diagnosis and then a plan for levelling things out to help have a good life. Hope thereā€™s not too many side affects with the meds and that it has a positive impact for you.
We have so much more knowledge and awareness of mental health than even only a generation ago so thereā€™s so much that can be done now compared to the past.

Also great to hear! Hope the other eye gets done tomorrow morning and goes just as smoothly and the recovery goes smoothly too.

5 Likes

Iā€™m also on anti depressants for my anxiety and depression.If I stop taking them for a few days I get those dreadfulā€™ brain zaps ā€˜not good, I make sure I never run out of them

3 Likes

i get those brain zaps to if i dont take my tablets . or dont get a good sleep

3 Likes

Since this is the random thread Iā€™ll join in here with my experience.

I can usually go a few days before I start to have issues but one thing I noticed since going on my anti-depressants is that while my moods are so much more stable the highs I have are often higher but the lows I can experience can be so much lower and can hit with absolutely no warning and last from only a few seconds to a few weeks and just are so hard and tiring and I need to carefully watch everything I do to make sure I donā€™t do anything stupid, permanent or I would regret. Thatā€™s why news today of Jock and in the past with Danny Frawley and others really hit me hard.

For those who are similar, and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a few, please look after yourselves. Check in with how youā€™re feeling and put in your strategies for getting through or reach out to people you can trust.

7 Likes

and for me thats my dr and councellor

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I get these too. A lot more at the moment due to a recent dosage increase.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just had no my second eye done,looking at my phone screen itā€™s blurry , the lenses that were implanted in both eyes are focused for distance vision only,Have to go to the nearest chemist,the one I can walk to and try on some cheap reading glasses .Iā€™m not allowed to drive for 24 hours

3 Likes
1 Like

Apologies if anyone from NPC is active on this thread, but holy molyā€¦the formatting on that position description is atrocious. How did they let that publish?

1 Like

Becoming very common with Seek ads Iā€™ve noticed. Full of grammatical and spelling errors. Not a great look.

1 Like

So after a little of decisions I decided to do sports science at UWA. Sorted out enrolment and everything. I can go to Melbourne next week knowing that everything in regards to uni is sorted.

I feel pet of the culture already being almost run down cyclists yay :smile:

Will bring a mask but doubt I will wear it on the plane (but i may change my mind) :yum: Melbourne itā€™s been a long time I have missed u Iā€™m coming home to kiss you :laughing:

1 Like

Are you doing it in your car? Thereā€™s points in it for you.

King Charles should be made to do these as he is coronatedā€¦as is tradition

3 Likes

I live very close to where two level crossings are being removed and my street will be closed from tomorrow for three months (ugh) with only local traffic permitted. Weā€™ve all been given a bright yellow sticker with the instructions to ā€˜place inside windscreen on bottom left passenger sideā€™, which is fine, except the adhesive gum is on the reverse of the sticker so theyā€™re not going to be able to see itā€¦

2 Likes

hey everyone, I am sorry about my post on Masterchef. it wasnā€™t right . and i wasnā€™t in a good place last night. but i still wonā€™t be watching it. itā€™s my personal belive not to watch a show or read an author by or with a person who has passed away. its my own personal respect . and @JBar iam sorry for bringing you into the post as well

3 Likes