Random Thread

This is basically the same as me. Don’t work there if you absolutely hate it.

1 Like

Indooroopilly and Woolloongabba - also har for non locals to pronounce and for locals to spell.

2 Likes

I’d worked there too long was stuck in a rut :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Even shorter names like Booval (near Ipswich) will trip a lot of people up.

2 Likes

A bit like Ayr, near Townsville?

1 Like

Well, I guess it’s possible that some might think it should be pronounced “Aye-yer” or “Arrr” not “Air”.

2 Likes

I worked my first day at this new job and the guy in charge told the agency that I’m not “suitable” in other words I’m too old :confused:.I Still want to have a go at traffic control so I’ll take my form in to QLD Transport and apply for traffic controller accreditation .I haven’t yet heard when I’ll be starting the work placement ,I have all I need to start now so I’ll contact them again.

2 Likes

I think that my best way to find another job moving forward is to get help from one of those agencies who helps someone with disabilities to find work.I just have too many issues ,both physically,and my ongoing mental health issues :confused:Also I want no more than 20 to 25 hours a week.

3 Likes

We just hit an estimated 8 BILLION people on earth! (7pm AEDST)

4 Likes

Someone hasn’t updated their cache(?) in a while :joy:

4 Likes

We just hit a once in a decade milestone as a planet and all you can do is comment on cache!?

:rofl:

6 Likes

:joy:

How long until they reckon we’ll hit 9 billion? It seems a pretty short time ago that we hit 7 billion.

I haven’t seen a date for 9 billion but the United Nations has projected “the population could grow to about 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion by 2050 and 10.4 billion by the end of the century”.

So yes, our population growth looks like it will slow in the coming decades, and you’re right, it was only in 2011 we hit 7 billion.

2 Likes

8,000,000,001 billion stories and counting

6 Likes

On Channel Seven last night they said that we are expected to reach 9 billion in 2037.

4 Likes

I might be starting my work placement as a traffic controller very soon. I will try my best,if I’m no good at at least I gave it a go.Maybe I’ll surprise myself and do very well but I won’t know until I try it

3 Likes

If the pay is as good as some of you people reckon it is I definitely want to become a traffic controller.
My lower back pain shouldn’t be an issue as I won’t be bending over while holding up my STOP/SLOW bat.

1 Like

They want me on a job tomorrow morning,that was quick.Its for Energex ,maybe they’ll be doing maintenance on power poles and need traffic slowed around there.It’s not far from home,I could walk but I’ll be lazy and drive and park near the job site

2 Likes

Good idea. You can leave some stuff in the car then, like lunch. Good luck!

4 Likes

I managed to find a used STOP/SLOW bat for $40 in a Cash Converters store.They cost about twice that saved some money :+1:,I have to provide my own bat

2 Likes