Random Thread

American spelling is diarrhea, British spelling (which includes Australia) is diarrhoea. So you’re right.

I’d love to see an Aussie slang version of Zuikin’ English - it’d be friggin hilarious. :rofl:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: News Events

Same show…but doesn’t one of the muggers look like George Constanza?

Now that ViacomCBS are seemingly allowing the Australian company to spend money, I’m assuming that well-worn discussions will reappear …

3 Likes

This will have a huge impact on upcoming shows.

… amusement ride operators are being forced to shut up shop as the last public liability insurer leaves the market.

"Jumping castles, slides, obstacle courses, our mechanical rides, rockclimbing walls and dodgem cars we will no longer be able to operate.

Mr Wilschefski said in six months, a majority of rides would no longer be in operation.

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

What’s so funny about the Facebook login page?

4 Likes

its the baby goat video

I misread that as And Australia doesn’t exist. Which sounds like this bloke:

He’s done 5 videos on why Australia apparently doesn’t exist.

As in this one?

1 Like

what a wanker

As in the guy in the video or me in general. Because both are equally as valid. :rofl:

On May 31, Google has changed its banner to mark the 107th birthday of Japanese classical/film music composer Akira Ifukube.

Am I the only one who at first, thought this actually looked a bit more like a depiction of former Australian television journalist Richard Carleton?

GoogleAkiraIfukubeLogo31052021

2 Likes

Yes you are the only one. He was not Japanese.

9 Likes

Does anyone know how to get recordings off my Fetch Mighty?

Do you mean delete them permanently or download them elsewhere?

1 Like

Download them, sorry. I can watch them using ‘Films and TV’ on Windows 10 over the network, but when I copy them to my computer, they say they can’t be read by any software. How do I download them to be able to edit the recordings?

The NSW Police Facebook page needs far better moderation. The comments section for always descends into a peanut gallery of bogans and general idiots picking on people if the photo is at all unflattering.

For example, this post has clearly had its comments restricted because they know what’s going to happen yet this blatantly racist comment remains up.

And it isn’t just crims who get the peanut gallery treatment though - innocent people such as the mentally handicapped who go walkabout from the local group home, randoms who have disappeared because they’re suicidal…if the police use an unflattering photo or they look strange in any way, hundreds of idiots will make horrible comments and tag people, having a go at the appearance of these people, either because they haven’t read the post and assume it’s a crim pictured or because they just don’t give a shit and are happy to pick on the appearance of these people.

Truly disgusting. The police should just turn the comments off, there is no way the benefit of getting the word out via comment tagging outweighs the psychological distress this peanut gallery treatment could potentially cause.

This kind of thing could cause a missing person already on the edge to kill themselves.

17 Likes

That would be intelligent. But that would involve a public official using their brains.

I’ve worked out a way to download free-to-air recordings on a Windows computer from the Fetch Mighty. You need the VLC application from the VLC website rather than the VLC app from the Microsoft Store. In VLC click on UPnP which brings up the Fetch box, then right click the file to get its address, copy that then past it into the address bar of Google Chrome, and Chrome will automatically download the file. The downloaded file name will be a number which you can change back to the program name.

3 Likes