Random Thread

Completely unrelated to anything TV or media, but I just had a conversation with someone who referred to elderly people as ‘you know, people over 50’. WTF!!

4 Likes

Get down on this for several hours

1 Like

Brought tickets to see Jim Jefferies live in July this morning. Jesus Christ on a stick they went fast. his first show in brisbane sold out before i could get tickets (and i was in the ticketmaster virtual queue for 15 mins before they went on sale). i was lucky to get tix to his late show

Not sure where else to post this as there doesn’t appear to be a designated discussion for vintage Seven Network content, but someone had posted this old ‘Love You Perth’ TVW-7 pin in a Facebook group:

TVW-7 used the slogan from 1985 to 1989.

10 Likes

We need a thread for tips and rumours. Anyways I hear a well credentialed Aussie comedy TV producer is pitching a local version of The Office to outlets here.

5 Likes

Why?

Brilliant idea.

It could be called something along the lines of the “Media Spy Rumour Mill/File”, as a nod to Nine Radio’s Rumour File on 3AW, 6PR etc.

Let’s call it "The Bullshit Thread":joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

His last few things haven’t been great that’s probably why.

1 Like

Why the thread or why the local version of The Office?

Hey @Bort - get us all pizza! :rofl:

8 Likes

^

They’ve missed the boat on the hype, you’d think?

3 Likes

You’d think they could just do a new series set in an an office without the baggage of a remake or reboot.

3 Likes

By all accounts the show gets a decent viewing on the various streaming services.

Making local versions (or doing remakes) of a lot of shows just comes across as lazy

4 Likes

Just bring back Swift and Shift Couriers. :wink:

Sounds a bit like Fisk… which is going well and would probably be more popular than The Office.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I suppose an Australian version of The Office is likely to have a style of humour closer to the original British version rather than the American one, but either way it’s probably something that should’ve happened a decade (or more) ago.

That show just wouldn’t be the same without Ian Turpie as Keith Warne though.

1 Like

…at least before the Working Dog guys mined the Aussie office humour vein in Utopia.

4 Likes

I’m sure they can find someone else. Maybe promote Mario to depot manager?

1 Like

The word ‘sus’/‘suss’ seems to have crossed the Atlantic/Pacific to become a mainstream American Gen-Z term now.

But what really shits me is the spelling by the people who have started using it for the first time.

Before this whole meme thing, I remember it was always spelt ‘suss’, not ‘sus’.

The long ssss sound at the end should be spelt with two 's’s - it’s a feature of our language going back to when the German ß letter was used to show the sharp S at the end of a word.

It looks like it should be pronounced ‘sues’ the way they spell it.

2 Likes