Random Thread

… when we started Prime Television, I was issued with a mobile phone … it was one of those portable brick things that sat on the car floor with a cabled handset … I used to travel to all the stations in the group and in those days the Telecom mobile coverage in the bush was pretty sparse … the result was that, on the way to Wagga, the signal would cut out before Gundagai and there was a terrific pie shop on the highway where I would stop for lunch sure in the knowledge that nobody could contact me for a while … bliss :rofl:

4 Likes

This doesn’t really fit in anywhere else, but I’ve noticed a lot of complaints about the Superbowl halftime show where The Weeknd’s vocals are very soft.

I watched the original broadcast. It sounded perfectly fine. You can see in some other unofficial uploads on Youtube that they sounds fine, too.

It looks to me what’s happened is that the NFL’s social media team have downmixed the original 5.1 surround to stereo by chopping out the front centre and rear speakers (leaving only the audio from the front left/right speakers). Guess where vocals are usually mixed? The front centre speaker.

I remember seeing this phenomenon on Top Gear videos a few years ago where any voiceover was completely drowned out by the background noise/music.

6 Likes

When Nine broadcast the cricket in 5.1 (which was likely upconverted) you could unplug the middle speaker to get rid of the commentary.

5 Likes

The real Magpies football team.

The face slapping warm-up from the classic 60 Minutes story:

Full story is here on 9Now: The Gladiators (1979): 60 Minutes Timeless, Short Video

A classic game at Lidcombe Oval. I watched more than a few games there.

This includes the classic song “You Can’t Stop The Magpies”:

1 Like

Surprised they haven’t just rebranded Wests Tigers as the Wests Magpies by now. Balmain are about as dead as a door knob.

1 Like

There’s a run on lube at the supermarkets.

1 Like

Going to be a lot of November babies in Victoria no doubt.

3 Likes

My grandmother used to tell me how in Bathurst they were the only ones on the street with a phone (probably 1960s/early 70s) and the neighbours would always come round to make calls, and often they’d get a call and the neighbour would pop their head round and say “oh that’s for me”, it became quite annoying at times

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Location Location

Thank you Issac for speaking the truth. Fuck eshays.

1 Like

Yuck, hard pass on anyone posting videos by this douche.

6 Likes

The point still remains - screw eshays.

The only eshays I’ve ever known were mostly in the support unit.

1 Like

Young vulnerable kids? Jeez glad you don’t work with kids, oh wait.

3 Likes

It needs to be said. Some kids, and their parents, need a good smack in the chops. Along with certain fellow “professionals” who allow that shit to go on.

I love(d) being a teacher, but there are aspects of the job that are not pleasant.

5 Likes

I had to google the word.

3 Likes

So had I. So another term in the vein of dero, dumb or rat. Nice to know.

3 Likes

Me too, at least I know now that it’s absolutely nothing to do with uni assignments!!

3 Likes

My future baby would be named ‘Grindr’.

7 Likes

Tullamarine Airport

1 Like

Don’t have a partner, don’t ever plan on having kids.

The world is a screwed up enough place without there being a SydneyCityTV Junior! :open_mouth:

1 Like