Random Thread

What cheezes me off: When you come home from work early to binge watch a couple of eps of your latest Netflix show and someone decides to drop by to keep you company. Why can’t some people take the hint that you want to be left alone and F off! I’m so pissed right now.

5 Likes

I live with two others. We’re pretty respectful of each other’s spaces and like our alone time. I like being able to walk off and do my own thing

I agree. Why can’t they ring first and instead of dropping by uninvited…

That’s a bit rando. Do you always have a stocked fridge or something?

I’ve had one time when that’s happened to me. Had an eight hour Saturday shift from 6am (on my birthday too) so when I got home all I wanted to do was lie in bed and watch Youtube. Friend came over unannounced, which was annoying, but he brought a bottle of Captain Morgans with him as a gift so I forgave him.

Just noticed my name is ‘matlock’ and not ‘Matlock’, as is standard in my branding style guide. Rather than simply request the mods, I’ve decided to leave my fate in your hands, MS. Closes tomorrow.[poll type=regular public=true]

• Matlock
  • matlock (same as present)
    [/poll]

I say keep to the style guide!

Is there a third option?

Or can I have a 50/50 or phone a friend?

4 Likes

Polls are now closed. 71% in favour of staying the same.

After ready an article followed by a Google searche I was surprised to learn that the collective noun for a collection of nuclear reactors or nuclear power plants is “fleet”.

English, such a unique language :slight_smile:

http://energyblog.nationalgeographic.com/2011/03/23/the-worlds-aging-nuclear-power-fleet/

Nuclear Power in the World Today

Finland and France are both expanding their fleets of nuclear power plants …

1 Like

Damian Keogh, former captain of the Sydney Kings NBL team, chairman of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks NRL team, and CEO of Hoyts cinemas, has been charged with possession of cocaine after being searched by police at the Ivy night club in Woolloomooloo on Friday night. Keogh tendered his resignation to the Sharks this morning.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-chairman-damian-keogh-forced-to-stand-down-over-drug-arrest/news-story/6f7195ddd1cc6d5bc5387caa6ac87496

As a Sharks fan, this is very disappointing…

Also disappointing is the news about the other Kiwi Test players allegedly buying cocaine at 5am this morning, after the game last night…

When will these players learn!!! :frowning:

Corby Arrested At Brisbane Airport After Banana, Bag Of Nuts Found In Luggage

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2017/05/27/schapelle-corby-arrested-brisbane-airport-banana/

:smiley:

3 Likes

Time for a completely random post!

With Life Education in the news over it’s funding (which seems to have been secured since, due to the social media outcry), I’ve been wondering what the story is behind the name of it’s beloved giraffe mascot - Happy/Healthy Harold. Does the name vary in different areas? Was it changed at some point? Something else entirely?

I certainly recall the name being “Healthy Harold” when I was in primary school, but I’ve heard references to it being “Happy Harold” in the past and I think I’ve even heard it being called “Happy, Healthy Harold” by someone before.

It’s just Harold in NZ

1 Like

I guess Life Education Centres were a national thing but I’ve never really heard anything of them in Melbourne for years. I didn’t even know it was still a thing. I remember many years ago Channel 9 did a national telethon for Life Education Centres but it was just a one-off.

1 Like

Never saw it in WA.
I think the only reason people even remember it is that Harold has popped up as a meme a few times in recent years.

1 Like

+1

In Victorian Schools they had a resilience program, but nothing to do with Life Education.

I did Life Education with Harold in the 90s.

1 Like

When customer support brings the memes

1 Like

same, he’s def been aeound