Random Thread

I still havent received my letter. But i know theyve been sent out to others in my suburb.

But what if Jedi is your religion?

Then put that down you must.

Sorry, wrong character. Haven’t seen the movies, I guess that’s a wookie mistake.

1 Like

If you don’t receive it I wouldn’t worry too much, you can request it online or just wait a few weeks and it’s likely a Census Officer will visit with a form.

3 Likes

You can request a Census number (which is in the posted letter) at 2021 Census underneath “how do I get a census number”. You can then do the census online, otherwise to get a paper form posted to you, call 1800 130 250 and follow the prompts.

3 Likes

Footage of me talking to my friends who don’t follow Media/Branding News:

15 Likes

You need to find new friends who show more interest. Like this lady

yaay

1 Like

I think we can all see why she’s his friend :wink:

Feel free to move to another thread, but keen to hear what everyone’s doing to pass time in lockdown? Binge watching? Movies? Books? Sleeping?

2 Likes

Working, and yes watching TV shows and reading a novel.

1 Like

TV watching, music/radio listening and Internetting.

1 Like

This week on ‘seconds from disaster’…Google Street View cameras waltz through a pack of cruise ship passengers disembarking from their plague ship in the middle of March 2020.

According to the docking records, Carnival Splendor docked on 17 March around 8pm (and presumably the GSV is of the crowds of people leaving the next morning).

The Ruby Princess arrived at 3am on 19 March.

9 Likes

Something different to coronavirus. 3AW reporting in their news bulletin that two cases of legionnaires disease have been detected in Melbourne’s south-east.

2 Likes

This has also been discussed recently in the “Tech Talk” thread too.

1 Like

Totally agree re elderly people.

2 Likes

I’ve never clicked on the links but these message are driving me crazy. Had three yesterday and two so far today. I block the numbers but they keep coming.

3 Likes

What gets me is when they misspell things :joy:

6 Likes

It must be some sort of trick to not get filtered as a scam message.

6 Likes

I use the Google Messages app on my Android and the spam filter is holding up despite the barrage. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

The ACMA should get off their arses and force the industry to do something about these rogue phone and SMS calls.

It should not be difficult to implement some sort of secured caller ID verification and blocking of SMSes from unverified gateways - especially enforcing ‘know your customer’ positive identification regulations upon domestic gateways between VoIP and the legacy phone network to ensure that scam calls cannot proliferate from untraceable sources.

9 Likes