Random Thread

I give you Kevin Bloody Wilson.

1 Like

Yeah but he can get tax deductions for these. He keeps track of all the chimneys by using a logbook.
Thanks. I’ll see myself out. Don’t forget to try the turkey.

1 Like

A Christmas challenge? You obviously haven’t seen me on a night out.

4 Likes

Some 2000s things in this commercial! I thought I’d share as I enjoy ads, especially when they are quite different from today…

1 Like

Drink 4 drink?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Merry Christmas

A friendly reminder that binge drinking is seriously damaging to your liver.

Carry on…:joy::joy::joy:

Hopefully everyone had a nice Christmas (just so everyone knows, mine was OK away from the computer) and will enjoy a relaxing Boxing Day.

I want to reassure Media Spy that I still plan to be here (and elsewhere online) for my commentary and observations about the media in 2019 and for the foreseeable future, because most people here probably enjoy my posts and would be incredibly sad and go “Where’s SydneyCityTV? :cry:” if I were to disappear entirely.

But with the closure of the “SydneyCityTV Videos” after seven and a bit years (it had been around almost as long as I’ve been a member of Media Spy!), instead of returning to video uploading I’m probably going to take this as an opportunity to take my interest in the Australian media landscape in a different direction to the one you’ve been used to. Maybe just a bit less transmission capturing and more research on the history (@littlegezzybear’s post on “Carols in Sydney on TV before 'In The Domain” a few days ago was an interesting one), I don’t know.

Regardless of what happens, I’m keeping in mind that one must be willing to evolve and embrace change if they’re to remain relevant! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Who the f##k thought it was a good idea to force people to wait 10 f##king days to get their new licenses and photo cards (as I have to get both this time), something you used to get on the f##king spot. They haven’t even rolled out the digital license across the entire state yet.

As a fellow state employee…go f##k yourself Service NSW.

Hey Labor - here’s how you get my vote: reinstate on the spot licenses. Also, more money for public schools.

2 Likes

NSW’s issue is it has two shitty choices, even the Greens are fucked up there. (Although we have to wait for licences too)

3 Likes

I know. There is no one I’d want to vote for in my area. It’s nuffy-mania up here.

The ACT still issues licences on the spot if you renew over the counter at Access Canberra. Well they did two years ago.

1 Like

Been on this site for 3 years now time flies when you have fun!

4 Likes

Think that’s the day we moved across to Discourse.

4 Likes

It’s allegedly an efficiency improvement to centralise card production - but then again its Service NSW

Digital licences on the other-hand is just stupid and dangerous.

Ahhh true I completely forgot we moved to a new site.

1 Like

Where the hell is the efficiency improvement? Who thought there was efficiency improvements to be made? The system was fine - go in, pay your money, get your photo taken, wait 5 minutes, get your card, away you go. Now there are unnecessary additional steps - have the photo sent to a central processing facility, send the license out, wait for Australia Post to get it to you.

Now let’s see what the issues are arising from this idiotic move:

• mail gets lost. It happens.
  • Someone pinches your mail from the mailbox. If they know what they’re looking for, you’re fucked.
  • The interim license - this will get lost, destroyed, etc. It’s a piece of paper.

BTW - I was up your way at Service NSW…for some stupid reason, they couldn’t renew my license and barely even bothered to try. I waited 30-45 minutes to be treated like a dipshit, including people pushing in front of me, being served and front line staff buggerising around not serving “clients”. Believe me, I left some very nasty feedback on their machines. :rage:

I agree. They should still be issuing on the spot licenses until this system is tried, tested and at least 99% foolproof. I reckon they want to get rid of the plastic licenses and replace it with this stupid piece of shit technology.

More issues

• What happens if the phone gets lost?
  • Stolen?
  • Goes flat?
  • Gets hacked?
  • Copper doesn’t accept it if you’re pulled over?
  • Not accepted as proper ID when required?

I hope this blows up in their face and the idiots responsible sacked.

There - rant over. F##k you Service NSW and F##k you Gladys.

3 Likes

They will say it allows the frontline staff to serve more people and reduce wait times by having the processing done off site. I can see where they are coming from, I don’t have an issue with this as customers still get an interim licence on the spot and they get served quicker.

1 Like

It’s more then likely not visible from the customer side - you don’t make a massive centralisation move like this without there being some improvement (I’ve heard the financial side is in the order of 5 or 6 figures per site)

1 Like

it still has an unnecessarily large header that doesn’t scroll away in mobile view.

Thanks for the feedback, should be fixed now. I’m sure there’s plenty more bugs, don’t be shy MediaSpy, let us know what you think so we can fix it. Cheers

5 Likes