Random Radio

yep. it’s listed at Changes to Rete Italia — Il Globo as a frequency they dropped in august last year.

I know vision feeds there LPON’s off satellite but i believe they do it off D2 not VAST, and anyway vision have no frequncies in darwin

5 Likes

its VAST TV Ch800 - “Welcome to VAST Television” which plays this music & shows text on how to use VAST. I hear this a lot via various FM transmitters via DX.

3 Likes

I can confirm Vision Radio is broadcast on Optus D2. There are a number of other Australian radio services on D2 as well, such as:

• Kmart Radio
  • Mood Media (in-store radio for Supercheap Auto)
  • Raw FM
  • RSN Racing
  • Faith FM
  • 3ABN Australia Radio
  • ABC Sydney
  • ABC Double J
  • ABC Classic
  • ABC Grandstand
  • ABC News Radio
  • ABC Radio National
  • ABC Melbourne
  • ABC Radio Australia
6 Likes

yeah i have a sat setup at home for D2 - mostly for the missus to watch God TV

3 Likes

Are these channels encrypted?

2 Likes

Nope, they’re free-to-air.

3 Likes

For those interested, I captured some short clips from the store radio stations you can get on satellite with COVID annoucements on both.

Kmart:

Supercheap Auto:

8 Likes

An update on what we’ve been working on lately at Pulse. Transitioning to become a content creator.

4 Likes

Also, we’ve been offered the oppurtunity to broadcast nationally on VAST satellite…

What are people’s thoughts on a national remote area hit music station on VAST?

6 Likes

If there’s a commercial benefit to it for you, do it. If you’re paying money and not getting a return for it, or don’t anticipate getting a return; then don’t.

Unless in your marketing plan, you feel it would build your brand.

PS. @tx42, I prefer this article about your plans:

Congrats on the evolution.

4 Likes

Broadcasting Services Act amendments to change news and trigger event rules

Communications Minister Paul Fletcher presented the second reading of the Regional Commercial Radio and Other Measures Bill to Parliament this week.

The purpose of the Bill is to amend the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 to relax some elements of the local content obligations.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes

which will mean more networking & homogenized programming…

1 Like

At least it’s only temporary.

1 Like

I heard this while I was up in NT last week, what a waste of a frequency.

Also noted the Triple J repeater in Jabiru township was playing the same music instead of the alloted programming, really frustrating given the lack of alternatives in that part of the world.

5 Likes

What… a loop of music? What kind of music?

Flow FM should have been there (100.5), but apart from that, it’s really only the ABCs.

I think HOT100 used to have a repeater there, not listed in the ACMA handbook nowadays at least.

3 Likes

I think he means the Ch 800 VAST loop. Outback QLD and NT are the places to be if you enjoy listening to that!

5 Likes

Yep, precisely. Far from the only time I heard it around the place either. No sign of Flow FM up there either, just the ABCs and/or the VAST loop. Once you get further south Hot 100 is on 765 AM (as well as FM in Katherine I believe)

And to answer a previous question, Yolngu Radio is very much operational on 88.9 in Darwin - the better half was very much enjoying hearing a bit of Letterstick Band on the radio

4 Likes

Radio TAB on 103.7 Jabiru?

4 Likes

Sorry yes, the racing radio too was on air from memory

4 Likes

Yes, but not exciting listening I’m sure :grin:

3 Likes