Random Radio

The Australian standard is 50 Hz - 15 KHz is permissible for AM services

3 Likes

Had to go the pool room to find the old ABCB / BOCP notes…

5 Likes

Pity more didn’t run that much bandwidth :frowning:

1 Like

What brand/model of pocket radio?

2 Likes

It is a no name brand I got for Xmas while at Super Radio Network… it works quite well and I take it everywhere with me :grinning:

6 Likes

Now I wish the place I worked for handed out free radios for Christmas. :grinning:

4 Likes

1701kHz VOC Sydney has the widest bandwidth of all Sydney MW stations.

1 Like

You didn’t have to go to so much effort just for a silly forum poster like me! But thank you for contribution (and to you @gordo92 and @Vidiot) as well, your willingness to share your technical expertise is greatly appreciated :blush:

5 Likes

Somebody might want to tell them to read their licence conditions

8 Likes

Channel 9’s “Doctor Doctor” is set in a town called Whyhope, whereby the outdoor shots are filmed in Mudgee.

A radio interview appeared in tonight’s episode.
Note the mic flag in the first shot below.
Which suggests that the interview was also filmed in Mudgee at the local Super Radio Network FM station. Their logo is also below for comparison.

A dose of “reality” here perhaps?

7 Likes

Ah shucks- you beat me to it this time! I’d say it’s the Real thing.

3 Likes

According to the FYSO 2019-23 Progress Report:

• The replanning of the Perth FM band has been re-prioritised to 2020-21 after further engagement with industry on the future delivery of radio, which the latter is due in Q2 2020 (Apr-Jun).
3 Likes

Great find, love it @Radiohead. Is it a good show?

Thanks @TV-Expert. Unfortunately, it’s another frustrating delay. What we know for sure is that industry isn’t happy and the matter has been moved to more table thumping.

1 Like

Doctor Doctor? It’s OK, I usually have it on in the background with subtitles on, whilst listening to radio/music on and replying away on Media Spy all at the same time :grin:

2 Likes

@Radiohead Great style!

2 Likes

Oh and I meant to add … and knocking back a couple of :beers: as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I sometimes do that as well (subtitles/radio/music) but I rarely watch broadcast TV aside from sport. I always watch sport without commentary and listen to music/radio/podcasts instead.

3 Likes

People here have any speculation as to what may happen? Some form of re-stacking or shifting stations up the dial? Are there any particular issues with the current FM allocations?

2 Likes

This is the problem of taking a ‘consultative’ approach with the industry - the old self-interest will rear its ugly head as usual from all quarters and make meaningful progress practically impossible, as no one will ever agree on an outcome. This is further exacerbated by the overly litigious and political world that we live in now. So the outcome will be severely compromised, if it eventuates at all…

Happy to be proven wrong if/when this Perth restack happens though

4 Likes

I agree. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if anything meaningful happens apart from the inevitable squabbling.

3 Likes