Random Radio

Thanks. Did he move up there?

Yes.

2 Likes

Looking at the advertising banners at the top of the Radio Alive website, it is interesting to see who missed out on getting their photo included.

1 Like

The Mechie Show started in September 2005 at Hawkesbury Radio and ran until June 2012. Originally airing on Sunday afternoons from 2pm to 5pm, it moved to Sundays 12pm to 3pm in March 2007. It returned on Alive 90.5 in April 2014 and ran until January 2016 on Saturdays from 5pm to 7pm. It did move to Saturdays 2pm to 4pm before the show finished up at Alive 90.5 due to work and other commitments.

4 Likes

I would like to see Sean Flanagan, Mal Lees, Luke Bradnam and Caroline Hutchinson added to the list. Big markets and great personalities with decades of careers.

No FiveAA successful personalities and certainly a big omission with the never say die, John Laws.

1 Like

Going back to C91.3 and their ‘yet to be announced new breakfast show’, it’s worth noting that the station ONLY has a mornings and arvo team at the moment.

Any idea where everyone has gone?

Meanwhile, sister station i98 is missing a mornings announcer (according to their website).

IMO if C91.3 doesn’t go niche and different from Sydney stations, another alternative would be a PROPER more music, more variety format with almost zero talk. Similar to what Triple M did for No Talk Day.

Let the music be the hero.

4 Likes

Whilst perusing the latest ACMA transmitter list (no better entertainment on a Friday night), I came across the following newbies:

89.3 2NM/t LIDDELL MINE
90.1 ABC Local Radio Muswellbrook (2HVR/t) LIDDELL MINE
90.9 2JJJ LIDDELL MINE

All 50 watts ERP. I think the Liddell Mine is separate to the power station; if they were for the power station then there would be little point in investing in them!

I note that the new 2XL FM txs on 96.1 (Cooma) and 107.3 (Jindabyne) are listed, but nothing for 2EC or 2GN. The new 2BRW tx on 88.9 is not listed despite it being on air already.

4 Likes

2GN’s main FM tx on 107.7 (Goulburn) is listed there.

2 Likes

Any chance of being in a location where you get co channel issues with 2one fm from Katoomba? Maybe around Crookwell?

1 Like

So who is on bfast, drive and nights?

What a joke, should’ve been on the RN allocation.

1 Like

No idea atm. They’re mad not putting Cranney solo at Breakfast.

1 Like

Indeed, however he may not be keen on early starts.

2 Likes

Whoops- must admit I only skimmed the list.

Former 6PR, 2SM and 6KY announcer Howard Sattler has only months to live, according to this post on his Facebook page.

2 Likes

As I predicted earlier C91.3’s new breakfast gig has gone to Christian & Bella.

Odd going from them into Cranney who is much older than them at 9.

From Radioinfo: Talk Talent not confined to Sydney & Melbourne: Peter Brennan

1 Like

From Radioinfo:

AirCheck, the leader in broadcast monitoring, announced today that it will begin monitoring 51 DAB+ stations across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Beginning with Perth, 51 DAB+ stations will be added in addition to the 58 FM and AM stations already monitored nationwide. The process is expected to be completed by the end of October.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/aircheck-adds-51-dab-stations-their-monitoring-network

2 Likes

ACMA are building a new website.
The beta site can be accessed from here:
https://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/we-are-building-a-new-website

It’s not fully populated with all the resources of the main site at present.

That’s good. The old one was a shambles and so hard to find anything. Mind you there often isn’t anything worthwhile to find given their snails pace on everything and their lack of leadership.

2 Likes

Yeah I often find it difficult navigating or finding material on the existing site - can be frustrating.
Hopefully the new site is much improved. Until it’s populated with more content I couldn’t offer feedback on the BETA site atm, but it’s a step in the right direction :slight_smile:

2 Likes