Random Radio

Nothing stopping SCA in having a Triple M or Triple M Classic Rock DAB option in Canberra, apart from reducing the bitrates of other DAB channels, now Australia Today is no longer on DAB.

2 Likes

When did they stop Australia Today on DAB+?

So no more looped Steve Price?

That station was as useless as NTS.

4 Likes

they stopped featuring him on the LISTNR tv ads a while back, have they ditched him entirely?

2 Likes

Someone should publish Australia’s own version of a Where’s Wally book. It would be called “Where’s Steve and Alan?”

It could feature a lot of TV sets, football fields, radio studios, London rest rooms and people accepting cash for comment. Alan and Steve are both finally found floating in chaff bags off Bondi.

2 Likes

I was waiting at my nearest QLD Housing Department office this morning to chat to someone there,about recent changes,leaving work,etc they had B105 on.
When I heard The National Tiles ad again I’d forgotten how annoying Frank Walker is👎
Last time I was there they were listening to Nova

2 Likes

We have a topic to discuss fake TV news in TV programs and movies etc but nowhere to discuss fake radio calls.

ABC’s new drama Summer Love opens with a fake radio station Coast FM heard on the car radio. The imaging heard is even discussed in the dialogue. Radio fans might be interested.

3 Likes

Comedy series Australia’s Sexiest Tradie revolved around a competition run by a fictional radio station Heat FM.

3 Likes
2 Likes

95.3 has been on air for a few days in Brisbane. For Riverfire by SCA.

4 Likes

Isnt that a different frequency to what they’ve used in the past?

They are at risk of interference from Lismore on that.

1 Like

Interesting. It show 0.4 spacing should be used for neigbouring stations as no problems with River 94.9 booming in.

3 Likes

That’s the frequency they usually use.

3 Likes

I suppose if Lismore were to cut over the top, classical music wouldn’t be a bad soundtrack to the flash and bang.

1 Like

Reminder- tonight.

1 Like

Yes @TV.Cynic and it’s also 95.3 ABC Sunshine Coast from Black Mt behind Cooroy in Noosa Shire (not Gympie as listings claim).

1 Like

Yes - it seems like a good option - if it interferes with either signal on 95.3 (very unlikely) there is an easy alternative frequency for both regions.

Signal is only really useful in suburbs close to the CBD with mobile reception dropping off fairly quickly though would be receivable with an external antenna.

2 Likes

Can you get it at all where you are?

Receivable with omni directional antenna. - if using one aimed to north or south it gets wiped out.

2 Likes

Very audible in the car and off the (broken) TV antenna where I am too. As you’ve said it’s a frequency they’ve used before and normally switches off shortly after Riverfire. No RDS this time though from what I can see, it has been there previously.

2 Likes

Noticed that. It’s a shame.

1 Like