Random Radio

As too much focus on high yielding units for their clients instead of the sub $30 market done so well by Aldi, Kmart etc. Plenty of cheap digital radios that do the job well enough.

How much are they writing off each year as recorded in their annual report?

Indeed. Meaningless to the audience. Many would perceive the stations to be known as KO/NX, same as NBN.

ZZZ Lismore local 6am - 5pm. Since the drive shift was truncated, there seems to be an ever rotating line up of on air talent. Local Sat morns, local countdown from 9 or 10am.

Shame about Zoo, but why bother when the SCA guys do the same and ZOO is close enough in share for the 2 station sell?

Admire your idea with Discogs and further steps, and as you write, nothing beats a live station with well scheduled music.

Camerons would love to have a presence in Toowoomba instead of relying on overspill from River. Need to work on FM translators for 4AK and 4GR in Toowoomba and Warwick too.

With DRM+ simulcast?

1 Like

SCA Dubbo is local 6am-1pm weekdays. More than ZooFM Mon-Fri, but Zoo are local Sat mornings.

5 Likes

Good to hear they’re back on beyond 10am.

3 Likes

Prior to that I believe SCA Dubbo was local 6am-3pm weekdays, whilst ZooFM kept dropping its local hours from 6a-6p, 6a-2p and now 6a-10a weekdays.

3 Likes

Happy 18th Birthday to 97.3 today,15/10/2001 .Though they had started test broadcasts before then, today was the official on air date. I remember being excited about a 3rd commercial FM station in Brisbane at the time but was soon disappointed.The playlist has not changed in 18 years,:-1:The best present they could give us listeners is a complete overhaul of the playlist

9 Likes

Remember my rant about SCA 5 or so days ago in this thread?

Anyone seen the news about SCA shares taking a dive (or Tanking as hinted in The Australian newspaper), they announced to the ASX they don’t have a good outlook, & this is before what I said they’d done is taken into account.

7 Likes

Was actually surprised on Sunday there was no radio coverage of Bathurst. I would have thought it would have been on somewhere.

1 Like

Sounds like Triple M Sydney had coverage according to their Facebook page

1 Like

Considering last year (and possibly a few before that) Triple M was broadcasting from Bathurst.

Maybe it all fell through when Camplin’s didn’t sell SCA their stations.

I think they were mostly playing music with race updates.

ABC Local Radio seemed to have better Bathurst coverage, though it still wasn’t a full race call.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! I was also immediately dissapointed with the ultra bland and safe playlist, and to this day they’ve done absolutely nothing to make me interested in listening. Probably the lamest metro FM station in the country. And to make matters worse when they launched we also lost Star 106.9 with River launching initially with a CHR format - thankfully that didn’t last long.

3 Likes

At the moment I’m being forced to listen to them,not happy :-1:

3 Likes

Ah but there was- there was a special event licence listed on 103.9 from Mount Panorama :wink:

As for you 'toads whining about 97.3, small fry when you have Breeze to listen to. In Sydney we’d kill for at least one listenable commercial FM station. And even if you’re forced to listen to 97.3, it’s better than being forced to listen to WS or Triple M down here…

WS is okay, the somewhat repetitive playlist can get tiresome.

Triple M is good when it’s music.

4 Likes

Oh please. WS is better than 97.3!

KQ is the best listen of the mainstream stations by a long way. But yes Breeze is superb.

5 Likes

They could set up a transmitter for the area just north of Wisemans Ferry (i.e. around Lower Macdonald, St Albans). That area is within their licence area and would get Breeze/Rebel into Sydney.

5 Likes

If that’s the case, it’s a wonder they haven’t already done that, finding suitable frequencies could be an issue though.

I can think of 89.5 FM & 88.3 FM? It will co-channel with WSFM in Campbelltown… I’d imagine it would be Directional to prevent Campbelltown interference? Maybe on the Wiseman Ferry side of the river?

Their licence area only covers the side north of the river:

But it’d probably be better from the north to get into Sydney, as otherwise, I assume there’d be power restrictions to the south if the transmitter is already south of the licence area boundary.

3 Likes

A lady I work with now listens to 4kq on her digital radio,I can’t hear her radio from where I am.
I might have to start using my digital radio at work too

2 Likes