Random Mocks

I love this so much. It’s a logical revamp moving the brand forward whilst still keeping it intact.

6 Likes

Malcolm Turnbull seems to love it too! Maybe a bit to much?

13 Likes

Very Rushed, Reconstructed the Prime logo and added in a slightly different variation of ten logo

13 Likes

I look forward to not being able to watch One or Eleven because “we have no further updates at this time”.

5 Likes

A 2017 version of The One to Watch campaign

https://vimeo.com/226446401/58c0ca4d53

27 Likes

Now i’m just realising what a monstority i have created :grimacing:

14 Likes

I’m working on a mock at the moment of a Townsville version of Nine Brisbane’s “Love This City” indents (using local footage i’ve filmed myself).

Everything is ready, except that last end board where the Nine logo and ribbon animate. Having a lot of trouble getting that to work.

Can anyone suggest some mac software I might be some help?

5 Likes

Adobe After Effects.

5 Likes

If you know how to use it…

2 Likes

Final Cut Pro.

1 Like

Costs an arm and a leg last time I checked (a few weeks ago Mac App Store told me it was $999 lol).

AE is probably one of the best programs. Probably also could do it on Premiere Pro (or use both programs together). I would say adobe products are your best bet @NQCQTV2 - editing frame by frame with photoshop/bridge (if you want it to be that polished) is a massive plus. The only hard thing about learning the adobe suite is finding/following tutorials (not the ones that were made in 2012 and 12 year old kids would try and guide you through but fail because they’re 12 so the video goes to shut and it becomes cringe) to figure out what the actual heck you have to do.

Also rip Vegas on not on Mac :disappointed:

2 Likes

It’s actually $500. Still much more expensive than it was when I bought it 6 years ago (only $325 then).

iMovie isn’t too bad these days. But while After Effects is being recommended, why not use Apple Motion? They’re both motion graphics compositing programs, not NLEs. You don’t need a subscription for Motion and it’s only $80. AE is better, but you don’t need something that powerful (or expensive) to do what you want to do.

Vic Dept of Education are apparently going to give out Adobe CC subscriptions to students…

2 Likes

I watch ABC7 Eyewitness News (New York) it has a similar feel to that! Bloody brilliant! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got the Final Cut Pro trial on my Mac and wanted to test it out with my own BBC News countdown.

5 Likes

BBC News box is the wrong size. 1/5

Seriously, nice work.

2 Likes

Feels like I almost stumbled back into TV Forums UK! :stuck_out_tongue: They are fierce when it comes to critiques on Mocks, especially with their 5 Star rating system.

Nice Mock @MichaelPower! I had thought it was BBC Footage I was watching during the countdown, until I read the description. :+1:

1 Like

Something to fill in a dull day - an updated Southern Cross News Tassie Graphic Mock, made in Microsoft Office Powerpoint.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiBjMT4kE8XHxyH8MlPqljW7ve75DyYZW

3 Likes

I’m admittedly not the best at mocks (let alone mock logos) but for what it’s worth, I decided to have a quick go at a logo concept for New 104.7 that actually predominately features the “NEW” part of the name and doesn’t look like something straight out of the 1990s:
7Logo

For something different, I decided to make this logo purple because it’s not a colour very frequently used in radio station logos. Both that and it seems to be a very “Grafton” colour for The Jacaranda City! Obviously the “waves” pattern was chosen to represent the Clarence River as well as the more coastal parts of the licence area (ie: Yamba, Iluka, Angourie, Brooms Head, Minnie Water, Wolli and all points in between).

Obviously wherever size is an issue like a social media display picture, the tagline at the top of the logo would be removed to just read “NEW 104.7FM”. Different variations of the tagline (eg, “Grafton’s Own” or “Yamba’s Own”, etc. - Maybe even a “Celebrating 20 Years” version for November!) could be used as part of the branding as well.

As usual, thoughts, comments and criticisms are welcome. Heck…if anyone has different logo concepts or wants to take ideas from mine into something of their own, I’d be rather interested to see that! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

just use photoshop, it is expensive, but worth it, and quite easy, I think. With something like photoshop you can easily add in text and backgrounds, and just use tutorials online if you get stuck. luckily my school I’m at pays for Adobe app subscriptions

1 Like