Random Mocks

Is that a Prime Wollongong Ident?
(Looks like Port Kembla)

1 Like

I don’t know; I’d assumed it was a blurry shot of Canberra. It was just what I found on a quick search for prime television logo 1989.

3 Likes

Yes, sorry, it is Canberra.

Credit: Yogiew2 Yogiew2 - YouTube

4 Likes

Just a quick mock, with the new Sunrise opener with the NBC Today music. Just wanted to see how it would’ve sounded with it

19 Likes

I find this NBC music to be fantastic in this video.

2 Likes

I think it would be too loud for Australia, but I do like it. It works well.

4 Likes

Yeah, I also felt it was too loud. Has a very American sound to it too, not sure it would work here.

1 Like

Recreation of Primes 2002-06 PRG:

19 Likes

As a homage to full-service radio in New Zealand, which was known as community radio and was widespread amongst regional communities in those days, I created a series of logos using Microsoft PowerPoint.

Before the More FM brands came along during 2004/05 and in recent years, most logos act as a homage to New Zealand’s former private radio stations (such as “Radio i” in Auckland, “Radio Windy” in Wellington, “Radio Avon” in Christchurch, “4XO” in Dunedin, “Radio Waikato” in Hamilton, “2XS” in Palmerston North and so on) and some are generic (such as “Gisborne FM” and “Hawke’s Bay FM”). Included are One Double-X (1XX in Whakatane and the Eastern Bay of Plenty) and Coast FM (West Coast) which, in real life, are independent radio companies as of today.

6 Likes

I have never been a fan of logos with overdone effects and this includes the current Channel 9 logo. IMHO the glossy look is starting to look dated.

I prefer logos with either a flat appearance or with minimal affects applied. So I thought I’d have a go with updating the current 9 logo using a more subtle bevel effect. I have used the same effect for both the nine dots and the numeral 9 to give the logo a more uniform and intergrated look.

Top version is the current logo.

Middle version is my update.

Bottom left version is the current watermark.

Bottom right version is my update of the watermark.

19 Likes

You did a great job there @Zampakid :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t mind it, but IMO it really highlights how dated the logo is.

Would rather see them update it for their next relaunch.

2 Likes

I like flat and I like ‘Hollywood excessive glossy’ too, but no offence, the matte one in between there just looks odd to me. Maybe not enough brands do it? I think those gradients work on large objects but on smaller detailed shapes like the balls it just looks blurry and unfinished.

8 Likes

The nine dots in this logo don’t necessarily represent nine balls, but more like domes or discs, similar to the dots from the 2008 version. Otherwise appreciate your comment.

If Nine really want to simplify the look of their channel logos, surely the way to go would be just to use on-air the 9Now variants?

Couldn’t find a 9Rush logo in this exact style, but I think you get the general idea.

12 Likes

Yes, they are definitely an improvement over the current glossy versions.

I think the linear gradient on those looks horrid. Especially the 9 and go ones

1 Like

I’d probably go for a darker shade of blue for the main channel and perhaps an accompanying linear gradient on the tip of the “i” in the 9Life logo, but otherwise they’re more pleasing on the eye than Logoer’s mock IMO.

Have to agree with this, still love this concept.

This could absolutely still work on-air now, with a simple update to a flat version of the new 10 logo, which we’ve seen versions of on 10’s socials for programming and news of late.

This is a game changer IMO, would really hit home as the younger edgier network they claim/aim to be.

38 Likes

God that still looks so incredibly sexy

12 Likes