Random Mocks

25 Likes

LOL for the Griffith & MIA one. It’s probably OK to have the first line of text become two lines.

4 Likes

Something a bit different from what I usually post (ABC point point).

A bit of a WIN News mock inspired from their soon-to-expire affiliation with Ten:

8 Likes

Seems weird not being able to see the second lighthouse in that pic.

1 Like

I think this looks pretty good. This WIN circular logo is similar to the ten logo (from mid-2013 through to 31 Oct 2018).

1 Like

Thanks

That’s the logo they used to cover up the TEN branding

Any reason why you’re using the older style logo?

Just “mocking” around. :rofl:

1 Like

Playing around with TVNZ’S Breakfast lower thirds, What do you think?

1 Like

Not bad, but the font choice could definitely be better. It looks like a basic HTML font, you need something a bit bolder and rounder for broadcast.

Also the breaking news strap doesn’t really work with what you’ve created with the new lower third, it looks like it’s just floating there and quite different to the other elements.

4 Likes

Ok thanks the top one is the one that is on tv

7 Likes

That looks a lot better but what happened to the black on the breaking news strap?

SAFE AREAS!

5 Likes

Something random I threw together this afternoon, not sure how it should develop further from here

15 Likes

Probably too stark. Should stay with TVNZ and its more natural curves.

1 Like

Well I tried developing it further still not happy with it maybe it will inspire someone else

12 Likes

@theGradyConnell Let me ask you just one question. Will “Newshub Today” be similar to that of “Firstline” from the past and RNZ’s Morning Report nowadays? It seems that, from my point of view, Newshub Today is like a ‘serious, no frills early morning news programme’ to me.

My thought is it would be just a slightly revamped AM show for the more than likely eventual split of Magic and Three for their morning shows. Magic gets to keep The AM Show, Three creates something based around the Newshub Brand. Has more of the firstline setup between 6-7am then more laid back but news styled between 7-8:30 and the final half hour being more laid back and fluff news

1 Like

The word “hub” gets lost in the transparent part of the super.

2 Likes