Random Mocks

The debate as to whether Seven News or Nine News is number one in Queensland is one that is often discussed.

I’d say Nine would claim bragging rights solely on the basis of metro ratings, while Seven also included regional figures along with their metro figures.

Generally speaking, Nine’s metro bulletin does not air in the regional areas (where they are served by the since-suspended regional bulletins) on weeknights - not even a truncated one like what Seven does (i.e. regional news at 6:00pm, truncated metro bulletin at 6:30pm). I may be wrong, but that’s what I think Seven uses to stake their claim to being number one statewide.

1 Like

Some tweaks to the graphics for Ticker’s Jumpstart @Ahron

14 Likes

Today with a ticker

20 Likes

A full-screen Sunrise graphics mock I had been working on for a while.

7 Likes

The Latest

6 Likes

Love it, so much better! Would still love to see them try and implement the Today logo and clock into the RHS side of the screen along with the 9 logo and weather flipper.

3 Likes

What if…the Digital Forty Four datacasting trial on Sydney digital TV not only became permanent, but was still around today?

I’ll continue/refine the mock for the “Channel 4: Free To View” programming guide channel if there’s enough interest. But in the meantime, here’s what I reckon the service would run if it was still running today:

Channel 4: Program Guide with brief rundown of what’s currently airing across all free to air channels.
Channel 44: TVS - obviously local community TV for Sydney, had it not closed down in December 2015.
Channel 45: Channel NSW - state government service that closed in mid-2009 reborn with a primary focus on live broadcasts of State Parliament when in session. On weekends or other times when nothing is happening at Macquarie Street, programming would include content from the Department of Education and possibly some special event telecasts.
Channel 46: Australian Christian Channel - well the money to keep the niche, but worthy services such as parliament and local/state TV on air has to come from somewhere!
Channel 47: Federal Parliament, House of Representatives - live audio/video feed of sessions (and placeholder loop at other times)
Channel 48: Federal Parliament, Senate - live audio/video feed of sessions (and placeholder loop at other times)
Channel 49: Expo - similar philosophy as having ACC on the multiplex.

Obviously since NITV is now available nationwide via SBS, there’d be no need to duplicate that service. Nor do I think there’d be much demand for the text-only “ABC News, Sport & Weather” service when there’s something far more useful on LCN-24!

14 Likes

Not just for Sydney :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s true, although I don’t think the D44 datacasting trial ever made it outside of Sydney.

Still I’m sure such a concept of narrowcast/niche TV could work in any capital city of Australia!

3 Likes

Seven Morning News live cross.

2 Likes

Reporter super as seen at the start and middle of report. Each time it will have their Twitter handle on the second line (or simply @ 7News[market] if they don’t have a Twitter handle, such as Chris Maher).

3 Likes

Presenter super at the start of the local Afternoon News.

Depending on each market, that market’s top stories would appear at the beginning of the ticker (after one that says EARLY NEWS 5:00am - SUNRISE 5:30am - MORNING NEWS 11:30am - [MARKET] AFTERNOON NEWS 4:00pm - NIGHTLY AT 6 - THE LATEST: SEVEN NEWS) - where [MARKET] is Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland etc.

3 Likes

Breaking News super.

3 Likes

Live cross super.

3 Likes

“Airing Now” slide on the relaunched (if only…) Channel 4 programming guide via Digital Forty Four on terrestrial TV in Sydney.

Obviously there’s a page for all channels. So after the mains it would be ABC COMEDY, 7TWO, 9Go!, 10 BOLD, and SBS VICELAND…and so on until it ends at Open Shop, TVS, Channel NSW, ACC and Expo with the cycle beginning again after that.

The old version of this channel had an icon to indicate widescreen programs. But of course since this is just about pointless now that just about everything on television from the last two decades is in 16.9, I’ve replaced that with a HD symbol for anything that’s available in native HD!

12 Likes

Love it!

Not on the RHS but how about this:
With Normal Watermark

Today Logo alternating with 9 logo

18 Likes

The bottom one would be great, I’ve always liked the idea of having the show logo flipping to the watermark or even the 9 News logo like NBC Today.

If only that strip across the top of the curved screen wasn’t red, or was lighting where the colour could e changed!

2 Likes

‘if only’? why?

He means it’s likely it won’t relaunch again

1 Like