Random Mocks

What if ITV NZ, a brand new subscription channel from ITV plc, joined Sky as a rival to BBC UKTV and designed to cater for the New Zealand audience when it comes to British programming?

All images: Supplied. No copyright infringement intended.

5 Likes

My idea for a fictional Nine Network affiliate in Orange, New South Wales.

The CWN-9 channel was founded in 1984 before affiliating itself with the Nine Network two years later. Since then, it remains affiliated with Nine to this day.

Logo history:
CWN-TV logo (1989)
The original logo used from early 1989 to 30 January 2006. A variant with only the “CWN” wordmark was used in its early years.

CWN-TV logo (2006)
Logo from 30 January 2006 until 14 January 2008, as PBL (now Nine Entertainment Co) adopted a widely criticised rebranding.

CWN-TV logo (2008)
Current logo since 14 January 2008, when Nine brought back the dots (excluding Adelaide and Perth thanks to WIN).

Trivia:
The channel’s callsign is an initialism for “Central West New South Wales”.
In 2000, CWN rejected a $46million takeover from WIN.
The channel’s signal range covers the entirety of the Central Tablelands.

6 Likes

“Still the One in the Tablelands, this is CWN.”

4 Likes

I much prefer the version from @Travis above with the somber version of the current theme, but since it was bought up in the Sunrise topic earlier in the week I decided to have a go with the 1999-2004 theme.

17 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: 7 News FAST concept

Now, that’s interesting, as I greatly prefer your version. No offence to @Travis whose work is great as always - I just think that somber theme is a bit depressing, especially at 5am.

And you’ve proven me wrong about that theme! Would still work well today. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Something I spun up for April Fools day for the Transport Blog I run.

I converted it for the morning to be car news based.

1 Like

quick proof of concept - the 2017 Good Morning Britain theme with the Sunrise Early News opener

6 Likes

Still too happy for mine.

Reimagining Newshub by Stuff - I really should have a better use of time…

The supers was based on the ones they used (like this one), while the colour palette is also based on theirs. I just wanted to play with Stuff’s S symbol for the ‘new’ brand, so I risked reading the name as “NEW HUB” and placed it in the middle of the condensed wordmark.

For the LIVE bug, I really don’t like how the place names are much tinier than the main tag:

So I made it in the style of the supers.

Knocked up a no-frills backdrop inspired by the horizontal wipes at the end of their videos, with an Auckland photo from Unsplash. Fonts taken from Stuff’s CSS codes (not sure if it’s appropriate to share them here though - please correct me if it’s not!).

As for Sky News Australia taking the gig, I think BNZ already has an idea…

A cursed style swap - Carlton 1993 and CBS 1995. Always thought the two had a similar style and vibe (trying to be more relatable by including human faces to their IDs), so I swapped their respective symbols, but otherwise followed the original designs (adopted in places like replacing the 888 subtitle command in UK with US’ CC sign).

Have at me.

6 Likes

inspired by the new colour scheme of NBC Early Today

33 Likes

That looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Really nice, love the more muted colours compared with the garish colours our breakfast shows insist on using.

2 Likes

It’s like when The Latest used their stark white graphics package. It looked nice but nobody wants to be blinded by their television after 10pm.

3 Likes

Yeah the first package they had was far superior.

3 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

If NBN kept its station branding today.

12 Likes

Custom Graphics for 10’s Late News

ignore the top watermark…best image i could source on that set :joy:

14 Likes

The colours and alignment of the supers feel way off. The bottom line is also barely readable against the blue background.

9 Likes