Random Mocks

And besides, we’d expect these new graphics to be used for CNNI anyway

1 Like

Another try, this time moving 5 Things’ blocky graphics to the news channel:

The number box here is instead used in placing the CNN logo. Given CNN channels worldwide also have a sqaure logo, I think this is a neat way to introduce a unified look globally.

The gradient background in the programme tag is referenced from the show’s openings, while the condensed font on the headline is Alternate Gothic No.1, used on another CNN+ show The Source.

3 Likes

@OnAir Speaking of the cult classic Thunderbirds, which was very popular with NZ fans in those days, what if International Rescue had a new logo and adopted a Māori name - “Te Whakaoranga o te Ao” (which literally means ‘the salvation of the world’, according to Google Translate)?

Main logo

Symbol

7 Likes

Here’s a mock I did (using elements from my CNN mock) for Newshub.

6 Likes

Next version of my Newshub mock.

7 Likes

Some mocks suggested by the graphics error in the 5pm news. I had to modify the LIVE graphic because the red bug was a bit big.

23 Likes

Looks a bit cleaner and fluid than with the white background.

3 Likes

It’s … it’s beautiful!

2 Likes

If the morning news on 9 still had the opening wide shot:

Shame it doesn’t - That one bulletin QTQ produced in 2017 did look great!:

6 Likes

Looks nice! I also hate how Nine doesn’t use headlines for their national bulletins. Even a cold open like that followed by the top stories would be great.

5 Likes

Agreed, They should also add a clock under the solid watermark now they’ve tweaked the graphics, make use of the space. They already do it on 5am news.

What’s weird is when the bulletins moved to studio 1 at TCN the ticker was a hit and miss - some bulletins it was on screen then others it wasn’t. Then completely axed with the 2020 relaunch.

Also I wish they would bring back the 9News.com.au headline super at the end of the bulletin.

3 Likes

It’s interesting how Nine and Seven have both differed for website branding.
Nine went full force with it in the last on air package, then in 2020 basically removed all branding for it completely.
Meanwhile Seven has continued to integrate it further.

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily in particular to have it advertised on watermarks, it’s a waste of screen real estate it’s not the 2000’s when not everyone had the internet.

the future of FTA is online :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nine supers are very basic nowadays, nothing special about them. But adding those extra tweaks will make it look better. Eg. clock, weather super, ticker etc

2 Likes

They used to do something like that, didn’t look too bad

3 Likes

Really loved this era of the afternoon news.

8 Likes

Had a great feel to it - if they ever do launch a news channel then this vibe would be the place to start.

5 Likes

i miss this era of 9 News in general

6 Likes

9 News hasn’t been the same for me since the localisation of Afternoon News. I did prefer the semi-national edition til it’s axing.

3 Likes