Random Mocks

Well I tried developing it further still not happy with it maybe it will inspire someone else

12 Likes

@theGradyConnell Let me ask you just one question. Will “Newshub Today” be similar to that of “Firstline” from the past and RNZ’s Morning Report nowadays? It seems that, from my point of view, Newshub Today is like a ‘serious, no frills early morning news programme’ to me.

My thought is it would be just a slightly revamped AM show for the more than likely eventual split of Magic and Three for their morning shows. Magic gets to keep The AM Show, Three creates something based around the Newshub Brand. Has more of the firstline setup between 6-7am then more laid back but news styled between 7-8:30 and the final half hour being more laid back and fluff news

1 Like

The word “hub” gets lost in the transparent part of the super.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that. If I do anything more to it I might make the logo just a flat white like is used on Newshub shows now.

4 Likes

Are random mocks unrelated to TV and News are okay here too? :stuck_out_tongue:

I decided to have a go at adapting Hungry Jack’s current logo to the newer Burger King worldwide branding based on the established colour palate (top-right corner):

The buns on the HJ’s logo (not sure why the letter placement is all wonky, I extracted the SVG file from their website!) has always been a shade of yellow. Changing them to orange would be too jarring of a change, so it’s best they remain yellow, but switch to the new colour palette including the red, and swap out white for off-white cream.

The font for the updated BK logo is likely custom-made, so I opted for a font called Rodger Black which is pretty close aside from a new character differences.
HJLogo

The finished result… :hamburger:

I’m pretty happy with how this came out! :sparkles: :grin:

38 Likes

That font is delicious!

5 Likes

The Hungry Jack’s logo, in use since 1995, does look outdated.

But i like your take on it.

6 Likes

I personally disagree, I think it’s held its age pretty well. But taking some hints from the BK update definitely do nicely refresh the logo a bit.

4 Likes

Replacing the music on the new 7 Ident with the sound from Production enders

2012 Ender

Current Ender

21 Likes

Nice one. Or how about flashing back even further to ‘the one to watch’ era? Even after all this time this still sounds distinctly 7 IMO :heart_eyes:

Edit: Original melody idea lifted from Grundy Television/Seven Network (2002)

Imagine variations to this, perhaps, for 7two, mate, flix … for example a piano solo, a more brighter brassy arrangement, or something else. Same notes, different feel. You get the idea :).

35 Likes

Yes, yes and yes

2 Likes

So good! That one is perfect IMO.

1 Like

A change of font and a tidy up of the bun makes it look hell of a lot better. I like it.

3 Likes

Eveeyone says I criticize aussie branding too much. That’s absolutely perfect ^ @marquisite

2 Likes

Please do this with the i7 version!

2 Likes

Continuing the ‘one to watch’ melody idea, how about some variations for the multichannel idents (key change and different instruments similar to Seven’s original 2021 idents):

Though, there is only so much that synthesised virtual instruments and pitch shifting the original ident audio can achieve :slight_smile: .

51 Likes

Bloody hell these are good - especially the 7Mate one!

3 Likes

Wonderful work as always you talented superstar :slight_smile:

You have revived this thread to what it should be about!

5 Likes

Always loved the One to Watch promo and those are just brilliant.

1 Like